post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:05 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Re: Fuel cut at 11k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT2P View Post
Update time:

I apologize in advance for the horrible wind noise, I just set up this helmet cam and need to put the mic somewhere else with a cat filter, but hopefully this will give ya'll a better idea of what's going on.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There is a video of what's happening to me.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here are a couple more threads about the issue. I forgot to mention that my bike also completely cuts out when I pull the clutch in.

I might just have two separate issues. If that's the case, this is getting seriously frustrating.

Since my last post:

-Tried 2 different ECU's from friends bikes (2nd gen R6...an 04 and another 05)
-Made sure charging system is all good (replaced battery and rectifier 1000 miles ago and stator is kicking 14v @ 5k rpms).

The threads above seemed to have died and I'd really like to figure out what the heck is going on. I think I stated this before but I also have brand new coils and spark plugs. I still suspect something fuel related.
you may have a TPS issue. the 2nd gen was notorious for having a bad tps. your's does not behave in the typical way they failed except for the need to keep it revved up manually when you pull the clutch in. I had a friend with an 04 that would randomly stall. it did it for a few years. then it progressed to doing what your's is doing. except it would pull all the way up through the revv range. but still, it has some of that TPS failure indicators.
I know they're $100 but I would suggest you try one. or swap it out for one on your buddy's bikes. it's not difficult to get it off. it requires the removal of the mid fairing frame insert and the side fairing. but you can swap your buddy's tps and take it for a ride and find out if that's it.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 04-27-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:42 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2005 Yamaha R6
Another update.

So the Throtte position sensor did fix the stalling and idle issues. Before, it wouldn’t make it to 180 without stalling. As you can see in the video, it made it to 200 with no problems. Unfortunately I still can’t get it to go above 11K RPM’s...I swapped tanks with my buddy. I don’t have any kinked fuel lines. Pressures are good.

The dyno operator said that all it needs is a tune...is it possible for these bikes to get so out of wack like this? I don’t have a problem buying a power commander and paying for a tune, if that doesn’t fix it though I’m gonna be ticked. What else could I look at? Throttle bodies? Injectors? This bike made it to redline with no problems last season before I put it away for winter. I winterized it. This is starting to get super frustrating now.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:02 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT2P View Post
Another update.

So the Throtte position sensor did fix the stalling and idle issues. Before, it wouldn’t make it to 180 without stalling. As you can see in the video, it made it to 200 with no problems. Unfortunately I still can’t get it to go above 11K RPM’s...I swapped tanks with my buddy. I don’t have any kinked fuel lines. Pressures are good.

The dyno operator said that all it needs is a tune...is it possible for these bikes to get so out of wack like this? I don’t have a problem buying a power commander and paying for a tune, if that doesn’t fix it though I’m gonna be ticked. What else could I look at? Throttle bodies? Injectors? This bike made it to redline with no problems last season before I put it away for winter. I winterized it. This is starting to get super frustrating now.
in my best guess, you have a fueling issue. it is a new problem for you so its not the ecu map. did you try riding the bike while testing the fuel pressure? sometimes this is necessary. as the fuel pump may have trouble and not able to keep up. I diagnosed a brand new Kawasaki Mule with a bad fuel pump by driving it around. it took a good 15 mins before it started acting up but the fuel pressure went from normal to almost nothing under wot but only after driving it for a long time.
MATT2P likes this.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 05-02-2019 at 06:05 PM.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Soooo I'm having strong pulls intermittently. When I have the tank up I tried to blow air through the return line into the housing. I cannot physically blow air into the housing. Is this supposed to be a valve that opens or am I testing incorrectly?

The issue is the same but I can randomly pull past 11K rpm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in