2007 r6 Leo Vince full system exhaust - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Powerstroke87

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Someone ride with me

Bike: 07 Yamaha R6
Question 2007 r6 Leo Vince full system exhaust

Just got into the bike scene and im loving it so far. I have a 07 r6 and saw a couple vids on Leo Vince exhaust and loved the sound. I know when buying a exhaust you'll need a power commander and new air filter right? any suggestions or comments would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: 2007 r6 Leo Vince full system exhaust

you dont buy exhausts for the sound. Also the fact that you have a bike that really needs RPMs to create peak torque... keeping it quiet and learning how to ride it would suit you better. Or just put a cheap crap 2 Bros and tell all the non bike pedestrians how "Aw maaaan I had a Leo Vince exhaust and I was like baaaaaaaaaa mmmmaaaaaaaaaa on the Turnpike.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Someone ride with me

So no suggestions on a power commander, air filter, etc etc ? Ive been riding for a year now but im now currently getting into the performance side, probably should've mentioned that. Owned a F4 CBR 600 and a GSXR 600 but really just rode those never did anything to them. With the R6 I want to see what I can do with it leading to getting an exhaust, obviously not just for the sound
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:32 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

stock exhaust works pretty good for the street.
You can simply remove the stock muffler if you want to make noise.
I would probably make sure the chain, oil, and cables are lubed.
Then look at the brakes
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:38 PM
#KeepPounding

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by og_kenny View Post
Just got into the bike scene and im loving it so far. I have a 07 r6 and saw a couple vids on Leo Vince exhaust and loved the sound. I know when buying a exhaust you'll need a power commander and new air filter right? any suggestions or comments would be great.
I have a 2007 as well. I have a full Leo Vince Factory R exhaust on mine with the full carbon can which they dont make anymore unfortunately.

It's this exhaust here:

I love it. Great sound and performance. Mine is coupled with a BMC race filter, Graves AIS block off plates, and a Bazzaz ZFI+AFM system so I could tune it myself. If you're gonna go full system on your bike, at minimum you'll need either a fuel controller such as the Bazzaz or the PC, or an ECU Flash to account for the changed A/F ratio. You need to do block off plates so you have a true A/F reading as well, and it never hurts to let her breathe a little more with a good clean new filter.
og_kenny likes this.

-07' Team Yamaha Blue R6 "Carmen"
-18' Toyota 4Runner ORP "?"
-08' Nissan Xterra Off-Road "Katrina"
-93' Ford F-150 sitting on 35's "Sandra"

Last edited by Powerstroke87; 04-18-2019 at 04:47 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Someone ride with me

Dope man! Thanks for the info really appreciate it. Ill definitely look into it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in