PCV and Full exhaust vs De/cat - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

PCV and Full exhaust vs De/cat

Hi guys,
Good morning,

Ive been thinking on this for a while, but i seem to get nowhere regarding an answer.
Im a bit confused.. aswell

So, my question is, ive been thinking on getting a slip on exhaust and M4 mid pipe {for cat delete}, plus a PCV for the A&F ratio

My problem is that im either buying arrow or leo/vince slip on, and PCV only has MAPS for the FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM (for those 2 exhausts / Euro model, im not from US, i think i have to use european models MAPS aswell, do i?),

Will i be missing any perfomance or A&F ratio by using those maps? Im my head, there is no difference from a full exhaust and a cat/delete, as long you clean the inside of the OEM exhaust pipes

I hope this was not too confusing,

And i hope some1 can help me,

Thanks alot,
Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:16 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2018 R6
Hey, I have 2018 and I did the decat (m4) along with yosh slip on. Make sure you remove the cats inside the stock header, easy to do with a hammer and chisel. I ended up going with flash tune software and I am extremely happy, I live in Canada and they have lots of maps for us Euro/Can riders.. also the flash tune software allows you to turn off check engine light from removing the x up valve in the exhaust along with AIS system for emissions, not to mention you can tune the engine braking and also can add an auto tune set up or auto blipper down the road..

Us maps have some restrictions I believe, I know I’m FT software you can use the unrestricted maps and it allows the throttle blades to open 100%
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAEB6E46-2584-43A8-AA7B-7B5A62F82953_1559488415487.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	361586   Click image for larger version

Name:	3A4BCED7-9D7B-43AD-836D-4A3FA60F8AE8_1559488495296.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	361588   Click image for larger version

Name:	36B0E7A4-3A14-491B-9381-3126CE5BE8BA_1559488535335.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	361590  

Last edited by 2018HaydenR6; 06-02-2019 at 08:27 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2018 R6
I forgot to add I used a full system map on my bike and also installed the auto tune and it was auto correcting the map a lot so I ended up using a slip on map with my auto tune feature and now the corrections are 1-3% in each table vs 8-15% with the full system map

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Re: PCV and Full exhaust vs De/cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018HaydenR6 View Post
Hey, I have 2018 and I did the decat (m4) along with yosh slip on. Make sure you remove the cats inside the stock header, easy to do with a hammer and chisel. I ended up going with flash tune software and I am extremely happy, I live in Canada and they have lots of maps for us Euro/Can riders.. also the flash tune software allows you to turn off check engine light from removing the x up valve in the exhaust along with AIS system for emissions, not to mention you can tune the engine braking and also can add an auto tune set up or auto blipper down the road..

Us maps have some restrictions I believe, I know Im FT software you can use the unrestricted maps and it allows the throttle blades to open 100%

Hello,

Thanks for your help

Ive been thinking on that aswell.. I just dont know if i need a tune :/

Im not really looking for + HP or top speed, the bike has plently of that, im mainly looking to correct the A/F ratio that i will ruin by messing with the exhaust, and removing the cat (ive also got KN air filter allready installed - so thats adds aswell)

My main goal is not to increasse perfomance, but to prevent the bike from running to lean/rich cus of the straight exhaust + KN.

Do you think i should get a tune instead of the PCV ? Or just let the bike run has it is?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Re: PCV and Full exhaust vs De/cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside World View Post
My main goal is not to increasse perfomance, but to prevent the bike from running to lean/rich cus of the straight exhaust + KN.

Do you think i should get a tune instead of the PCV ? Or just let the bike run has it is?

let me ask you this... have you put the bike on the dyno just to see what kind of baseline it had? If the answer is no... put it all back to stock then make a pass.
Does a stock bike need a tune? Maybe or maybe not.
Why do you feel like a K&N is a better filter than the stock pleated one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in