Full System Questions - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Full System Questions

Hi all,

Im about to install MJS Headers and M4 gp slip on on my 19 R6.

1. How much louder is this setup going to be? Anyone have first hand experience?
2. Is it safe to run without a tune if I maintain the o2 sensor?
3. Anyone know of any tunes out there that shoot flames and or make artificial pops and bangs? had to ask lol

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:44 AM
My R6 eat tires for lunch

Bike: Dub-O's 7R6
Re: Full System Questions

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2018 R6
Hi, I did something similar with my 2018,

1) yes it will be crazy loud, I am using stock header with the cats removed along with M4 mid pipe/ yosh TRC slip on. When I have the baffle out it is too loud for street riding my ears ring.

2) you probably want a tune, the MJS headers are the same size as stock they just don’t have the cats. I ended up going with an auto tune for mine (flash tune) (you might be able to use a power commander tune from older R6, seems to be a bigger library of tunes for the older gens, then copy the fuel tables into your 2019 Map) however that being said I would recommend flash tune bike side harness you will use a lot more features down the road, like reducing engine braking and turning off your x-up valve light that your new exhaust will cause.

3) if you leave your AIS system installed it will pop a lot on decel. I ended up removing mine and installing graves block off plates so I could get a cleaner tune. (Once again flash tune will turn this light off)

Have you considered punching your cats out in your stock header to save the $$ vs buying the mjs header?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018HaydenR6 View Post
Hi, I did something similar with my 2018,

1) yes it will be crazy loud, I am using stock header with the cats removed along with M4 mid pipe/ yosh TRC slip on. When I have the baffle out it is too loud for street riding my ears ring.

2) you probably want a tune, the MJS headers are the same size as stock they just don’t have the cats. I ended up going with an auto tune for mine (flash tune) (you might be able to use a power commander tune from older R6, seems to be a bigger library of tunes for the older gens, then copy the fuel tables into your 2019 Map) however that being said I would recommend flash tune bike side harness you will use a lot more features down the road, like reducing engine braking and turning off your x-up valve light that your new exhaust will cause.

3) if you leave your AIS system installed it will pop a lot on decel. I ended up removing mine and installing graves block off plates so I could get a cleaner tune. (Once again flash tune will turn this light off)

Have you considered punching your cats out in your stock header to save the $$ vs buying the mjs header?

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the info! I want to keep my stock headers intact since living in California its a crime to have a loud exhaust LOL. Will I have any CELS with this setup? I am planning to maintain the O2 sensor until I get a flash tune -- going with BauceRacing. I also I have a servo buddy...

Also to elaborate on the sound, if the stock setup is a 1 out of 10 how would you compare this system with and without baffle...

Both parts are already ordered and will be here friday!

Also I did not double check this but I assume that these headers will fit a 19 since as far as I know there is no difference between an 18 and a 19...

Also do you know if the MJS headers are full straight with no cats or anything?

TIA!!

Last edited by gramster1; 07-04-2019 at 01:31 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:40 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2018 R6
I would probably rate it at least 8 out of 10, and you should be fine with the flash, the MJS is just a straight header nothing insid, if you went with the TI finish on the slip on make sure you wear glove so no finger prints get burned onto the pipe and clean the pipe before you start the bike for the first time. - you will enjoy the setup and the weight savings 🙂
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 04:50 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018HaydenR6 View Post
I would probably rate it at least 8 out of 10, and you should be fine with the flash, the MJS is just a straight header nothing insid, if you went with the TI finish on the slip on make sure you wear glove so no finger prints get burned onto the pipe and clean the pipe before you start the bike for the first time. - you will enjoy the setup and the weight savings 🙂
why not...um just thoroughly clean the exhaust after installing it instead of acting like youre handling a Javic 7??
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whats a "ti" finish??
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 03:46 PM
'06 R6 resurrection

Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6

best of luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in