Yoshimura Alpha T exhaust (titanium vs stainless) - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Yoshimura Alpha T exhaust (titanium vs stainless)

Other than materials and price was curious if anyone knows much about the difference between the titanium vs stainless version. The titanium is almost double the price of the stainless is it worth it?

* Revving my heart since July 2017 *
2018 - Yamaha R6 (Team Blue)
2015 - Yamaha R3 (Team Blue) | SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: Yoshimura Alpha T exhaust (titanium vs stainless)

Whats the application? for a street bike Stainless makes the most sense, for a track bike it just depends how deep your pockets are. The difference is likely 2-3lbs MAX. When i spoke with M4 about a TI vs stainless system they pretty much said buy stainless unless you absolutely need the weight savings. Stainless will last longer and wont become crack with heat cycles and vibration like TI potentially can.

17 R6 track bike
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka_joe View Post
Whats the application? for a street bike Stainless makes the most sense, for a track bike it just depends how deep your pockets are. The difference is likely 2-3lbs MAX. When i spoke with M4 about a TI vs stainless system they pretty much said buy stainless unless you absolutely need the weight savings. Stainless will last longer and wont become crack with heat cycles and vibration like TI potentially can.
The application would be for street and maybe some track use. I don't absolutely need major weight savings nor do I have deep pockets, so it sounds like stainless would be best for a regular rider. So the price difference just seems to be done to materials then, if that's the case will consider stainless version vs titanium. Thanks for your input.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweezy View Post
The application would be for street and maybe some track use. I don't absolutely need major weight savings nor do I have deep pockets, so it sounds like stainless would be best for a regular rider. So the price difference just seems to be done to materials then, if that's the case will consider stainless version vs titanium. Thanks for your input.
yeah save the money and get stainless. I've got a Graves Works-6 Ti system on my 17 R6 but I'm tempted to sell it for $1000-1100 this winter and replace with a stainless M4 system to save money now and save money if I were to crash it lol. The Yosh Alpha T looks great but they wouldn't sell me a mid pipe when i crashed the Yosh on my zx6r, I replaced it with M4 who were awesome to deal with. The M4 system looks great on the R6 BTW

17 R6 track bike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Agreed, if you crash (hopefully i don't) that would be a tough pill to swallow to have a $2k exhaust replaced. Will look into the M4 as well, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in