Alpine Star or Dainese - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 04:22 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Alpine Star or Dainese

both are good brands, however i lean more on dainese.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 06:38 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
Yes, tons of suits are made in Pakistan. High end, custom Dainese or A* might still come out of Italy, but all their lower end stuff is made somewhere else (note, lower end does net necessarily mean inexpensive!) Anytime you see a smaller, off brand company offering suits, like Comet, Hazardous, Arsenal, Ballistik, etc, they are most likely all coming out of the same factory in Pakistan.
But in my opinion, you can't really be too concerned about where it's made. They are just making them to the design specification of the customer. You can have a completely shitty suit come out the door right next a really nice suit. It just depends on the quality of material and how much time spent on construction the customer is paying for.
Some companies, like Pilot for instance, manufacture their suits in Pakistan, but they don't use a garment sub-contractor. Pilot actually owns and operates their Pakistani manufacturing facility.
I guess my point is don't let the name brand and the country of origin be the deciding factor for you. You might get a piece of shit suit manufactured who knows where that says Alpinestars on it, or you could get a really nice suit from Pakistan with some no-name company printed on the front.
it's the quality of the leather and materials used for stitching that matters to me. if they can't see what's being used that's an issue in my opinion. they may have all the good stuff layed out when the execs come to visit but go back to using leather with bad spots, poor dyes, shitty thread etc.
I've seen a few spartan suits up close and personal...junk. made in pakistan. the poor guy I ride with the blue part on his chest is peeling off like dead skin. it didn't come with any of the armor like it's supposed to and no hanger. who doesn't include a hanger?
my a star suit is from 2006 and still looks like new. his looks like it's been down already but hasn't.

if you're going custom stay way from all these start up companies in my opinion.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 09-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 08:58 PM
My R6 eats me.

dainese rhymes with chinese and for that reason ill never own anything dainese. lets face it sport bikes are cool af and that's a huge part of the reason we like them besides their performance capabilities. The last thing I want is girls seeing me riding in dainese saying to their hot friends "why does his jacket say dainese? that sounds like some kinda china crap e
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
what a cheap ass". only men are gonna think your dainese stuff is cool. who gives a F what the bros think. I'm tryna wet my whistle. As far as differences their not that different from eachother in that the products offered and the price points are comparable. its like asking the difference between shoei and arai, theyre both good. just a matter of preference

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2018, 04:24 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger dacklin View Post
dainese rhymes with chinese and for that reason ill never own anything dainese. lets face it sport bikes are cool af and that's a huge part of the reason we like them besides their performance capabilities. The last thing I want is girls seeing me riding in dainese saying to their hot friends "why does his jacket say dainese? that sounds like some kinda china crap e
what a cheap ass". only men are gonna think your dainese stuff is cool. who gives a F what the bros think. I'm tryna wet my whistle. As far as differences their not that different from eachother in that the products offered and the price points are comparable. its like asking the difference between shoei and arai, theyre both good. just a matter of preference
Brah... go down to a local Cycle Gear and find a full length mirror. Stand in front of it and kindly GFY
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018, 10:02 PM
Dangerously Irish

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter
Garage

I've owned a few things from Alpinestars... zippers and seems falling apart after a few months to a year of use.... My RC-1 Jacket was made in China my GP-pro gloves in Taiwan The leather felt hard, stiff, restrictive compared to Dainese or RS-Tai chi & Held. SO, If you have the money I would skip Astars unless the top end gear is still made in Italy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My shenanigans are now official sponsored by Shermoto Racing!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are many people faster than me, so I have to create an illusion of speed
Bruce Lee
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013
^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 AM
My R6 eats me.

i like both but mostly wear alpinestars because its a little more affordable lol
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 07:42 AM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: YZF-R6

as for me, dainese is more better now
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 03:45 PM
My R6 eats me.

Used to have A-Star, but I'm in love with Dainese now.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 09:34 PM
My R6 eats me.

alpine seems ok for me, but i wanna try dainese too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in