GB Racing engine case covers - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM
White Knight

Bike: Yamaha R6 2011
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwinshah
Re: GB Racing engine case covers

I have the leovince carbon fiber covers and they are awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 10:52 AM
nom nom nom nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by _REMY_ View Post
They're too thin for my liking, plus they're one and done. I have woodcraft on both bikes and wouldn't choose anything less. Solid construction and replaceable skid plates make it a no brainer.
Not necessarily, depending on the crash of course. That would be like saying that the skid plates on the woodcrafts are one and done. I don't like the skid plate design on the woodcrafts because they are pretty small and I've never seen a crash where the slider was the only part that hit the pavement, and replacing the skid plate requires removal of the cover.

The things that I like about the gb covers:

The actual engine isn't riding on the pavement.

To replace a cover, there is no need to drain the oil, no need for a new gasket and you can replace it in about 3 minutes if needed.

The full set with the clutch cover is actually cheaper than the woodcrafts that don't have a clutch cover. (if you order them from Riders Discount).

I'd still call Riders Discount, as they may be cheaper than buying off that ebay link, even with shipping.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Not necessarily, depending on the crash of course. That would be like saying that the skid plates on the woodcrafts are one and done. I don't like the skid plate design on the woodcrafts because they are pretty small and I've never seen a crash where the slider was the only part that hit the pavement, and replacing the skid plate requires removal of the cover.

The things that I like about the gb covers:

The actual engine isn't riding on the pavement.

To replace a cover, there is no need to drain the oil, no need for a new gasket and you can replace it in about 3 minutes if needed.

The full set with the clutch cover is actually cheaper than the woodcrafts that don't have a clutch cover. (if you order them from Riders Discount).

I'd still call Riders Discount, as they may be cheaper than buying off that ebay link, even with shipping.

Two of my riders who crashed on em (one is one of my racers) the screws were so jacked up and it was in fact one and done.

My bike has been down like 7 times on the WC and ignition cover is still great. At a racing level that's the difference from finishing a weekend out vs going home or chasing your tail and not passing for re tech after the initial crash.

My .02

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 PM
nom nom nom nom nom nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Two of my riders who crashed on em (one is one of my racers) the screws were so jacked up and it was in fact one and done.

My bike has been down like 7 times on the WC and ignition cover is still great. At a racing level that's the difference from finishing a weekend out vs going home or chasing your tail and not passing for re tech after the initial crash.

My .02

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meh, good enough for the FIM, good enough for me.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 AM
13 R1 Street/07 R6 Track

I believe Chief is referring to me as one of those riders. I had a minor lowside during a CCS race and to my surprise the GB Racing right side cover ground down stripping one of the bolts and causing a leak. Not only did Chief have the Woodcraft cover on hand but, he installed it for me and gave me a killer deal on it. I was able to get out there for my next race, I got out late so I started from Pit Lane and still came in 4th thanks to Chief. I've had a couple of low sides since and no issues at all with the Woodcraft cover.

Sent from
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405513287739.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	215489  

Sig courtesy of Petrol-Spice
CCS #461 AM
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos461 View Post
I believe Chief is referring to me as one of those riders. I had a minor lowside during a CCS race and to my surprise the GB Racing right side cover ground down stripping one of the bolts and causing a leak. Not only did Chief have the Woodcraft cover on hand but, he installed it for me and gave me a killer deal on it. I was able to get out there for my next race, I got out late so I started from Pit Lane and still came in 4th thanks to Chief. I've had a couple of low sides since and no issues at all with the Woodcraft cover.

Sent from

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Personally I like NRC case covers. They are tough as hell
I had them on my 2000 R6. They had been crashed on both sides prior to me owning the bike and I personally crashed the bike 7-9 times over the course of ownership and they never had to be replaced. I have NRC on one of my engines now and Woodcraft on the other. The NRC's definitely hold up better.

2008 Speed Triple street, 2000 R6 old track bike, 2008 R6 new track bike
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 05:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Just ordered my GB Covers hoping they are worth the money.

06 Raven
08 R6
08 GSXR 600
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Grip and Rip

Bike: 2006 R6

GB's are legit if you don't want to go through the hassel of removing the stock covers. Fit perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in