99-02 R6 Hindle Exhaust - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Death Over Dishonor

Bike: 2002 Yamaha R6
99-02 R6 Hindle Exhaust

Hey guys,

I'm a newbie here but just thought id share my two cents on the new exhaust I installed on my bike today.

So ill start from the beginning from purchase to install, lets start with the brand for all of you who don't know hindle is a Canadian exhaust manufacturer located in Ontario and have been making motorcycle exhausts since 1982 previously to that Lang Hindle was a very successful motorcycle racer who custom made his own exhausts.

So I called hindle last week to get information about getting a new exhaust system, I didn't have many hopes since budget is real tight with my baby girl and baby boy who is on the way. At first I spoke with Melanie she was really kind and helped me out as best she could but was not to good with technical questions specially about fitting, which brings me to Lee the second person who I spoke to and he was able to get me all the information I needed. so basically I ended up getting a midpipe for 99$ Cdn and an 18inch aluminum muffler for 129$ Cdn on blowout sale....pretty sick deal(well I find) Shipping was fast they got it here in two days, and I cannot stress this guys there customer support is amazing I called these guys non stop for information and they had a solution and patience everytime!!!

So I got the system today, packaging was phenominal seriously everything was perfectly wrapped and the parts didn't rattle in the box. installation is pretty straight forward and everything went in place nicely....now in the fit and finish is where I got into tiny little issues, don't get me wrong everything fit and works well but there is a little gap on one side of the muffler were the midpipe connects. not a problem though I put a bit of high temp silicon and that was that keeping in mind though this is the lowest quality that hindle doess offer it cost me 220$ Cdn after all. So all in all if you want a good sounding pipe that wont break the bank man hindle has you covered and there a small company so service is great and you always wind up talking to the same person.

Quality:***
Fit and Finnish:***
Price:*****
Sound:****
Customer Service:*****

Thanks guys

2002 Yamaha R6 w Hindle can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid
Re: 99-02 R6 Hindle Exhaust

No pics?

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Death Over Dishonor

Bike: 2002 Yamaha R6
Hey man im at work these are the only pics i got right now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1439478338240.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	278234   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1439478384482.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	278242  

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: 99-02 R6 Hindle Exhaust

I had a Hindle with High Rise on my 99 R6 too. I loved it and the sound was really nice.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in