Best Smartphone Mount? - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 04:54 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Re: Best Smartphone Mount?

put that damn thing in a pocket and ride the god damn bike. ****ing hipsters....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 01:05 PM
My R6 eats me.

You guys are going to hate me for this but I bought both the RAM and then I bought the bootleg version for my second bike. The bootleg had a charging dock so I said what the hell, since my second bike is a cruiser I thought the charging dock would be nice and if it's crap, who cares (beside my phone) since it's so cheap. I've had both the real ram and the bootleg X-Grip for the last two years and I have to say that they are identical in performance and function. The only issue I've had with the bootleg is that the charging port began to rust a bit. I put some electric grease and cleaned out the rust and have not had a problem since

The bootleg worked so well, I recently purchased another one for my Sv650 and I mounted it to one of the MC mount bolts. The bootleg don't have a triple tree stem mount, so it would not have worked for my R1, which has the real RAM with stem mount but there are creative ways I've discovered of installing these on my Roadstar and Sv650.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabotageR1 View Post
You guys are going to hate me for this but I bought both the RAM and then I bought the bootleg version for my second bike. The bootleg had a charging dock so I said what the hell, since my second bike is a cruiser I thought the charging dock would be nice and if it's crap, who cares (beside my phone) since it's so cheap. I've had both the real ram and the bootleg X-Grip for the last two years and I have to say that they are identical in performance and function. The only issue I've had with the bootleg is that the charging port began to rust a bit. I put some electric grease and cleaned out the rust and have not had a problem since

The bootleg worked so well, I recently purchased another one for my Sv650 and I mounted it to one of the MC mount bolts. The bootleg don't have a triple tree stem mount, so it would not have worked for my R1, which has the real RAM with stem mount but there are creative ways I've discovered of installing these on my Roadstar and Sv650.

Were going to hate you why....? Haha. Your free to use whatever you want. Hell you could duck tape it to the triple tree if you so desired, your phone your choice. My only concern with that, and I can't tell from the ad or pics, would be fuse protection. I would add an inline fuse between the battery and charger if there is not one. And what if you want to remove it, I don't like that it's hardwired from the battery to the mount.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 07:24 PM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
Were going to hate you why....? Haha. Your free to use whatever you want. Hell you could duck tape it to the triple tree if you so desired, your phone your choice. My only concern with that, and I can't tell from the ad or pics, would be fuse protection. I would add an inline fuse between the battery and charger if there is not one. And what if you want to remove it, I don't like that it's hardwired from the battery to the mount.
Well for my set up, I do have a fuse in line and I also put a wire connector so I can disconnect it when ever I want. I also connected mine to my ignition switch so it only get power when the bike is on. LOL, I said hate because once people read you buy something that is not the known brand name, hell breaks loose. For this example: "you'll lose your phone, you get what you pay for, your phone might fly off and kill someone, bla bla bla".
. Hell look at you ranting about how its a concern being hard wired to the battery like there is no other option (kidding)...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:24 PM
My R6 eats me.

Garage

Do any of you have an issue with an Iphone heating up and then shutting down when it is out in the blazing sun? My iPhone 6 shuts down when it is too hot.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 08:55 PM
My R6 eats me.

+1 for Ram mounts. Have used them both on sport and cruiser. Have had no worries of the phone popping out especially with the rubber tether they come with.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:00 PM
My R6 eats me.

Yes. Have had my phone go into a sort of standby mode when it sat on the mount in the sun when the bike was parked for quite a while. Doesn't shut off but showed a thermometer symbol and some sort of temp warning when pressing buttons. It won't happen if your moving because of the moving air, but parked it happens if you forget and leave your phone out in the sun. Just toss it in your pocket and out of the sun for a few minutes and it will go back to normal.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 12:41 AM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers28 View Post
On my last bike I didn't quite duct tape it, but I put a gopro mount on the back of a phone case and ziptied one of the mounts I wasn't using to the triple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in