ECU Tuning, send it out or do it yourself? (WoolichRacing?) - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:17 AM
Just lean harder...

Bike: 07 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
"Snip" I just hate the fact you can't use it offline and it will not tether from a phone's internet.
You can Hotspot your phone to your PC and then you can use FTecu as I have done it plenty using my IPhone for internet access.

I can also say the ActiveTune from FTecu is freaking awesome!! I installed a Nitrous setup on a 2017 R1 using a spray bar manifold in the airbox. The AFR held true and steady at 13.0 even when sprayed with a 20 shot of Nitrous. Power went from 187hp to 202hp!!

FlashTune does have its quirks and bugs but after you figure all that out it's an awesome tuning tool.

Last edited by Phrozen; 02-24-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 01:49 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage
Re: ECU Tuning, send it out or do it yourself? (WoolichRacing?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
You you Hotspot you phone to your PC you can use FTecu as I have done it plenty using my IPhone for internet access.

I can also say the ActiveTune from FTecu is freaking awesome!! I installed a Nitrous setup on a 2017 R1 using a spray bar manifold in the airbox. The AFR held true and steady at 13.0 even when sprayed with a 20 shot of Nitrous. Power went from 187hp to 202hp!!

FlashTune does have its quirks and bugs but after you figure all that out it's an awesome tuning tool.
ahh ok. I seen someone complain a few years ago 2015 or 16 and said that he couldn't get it to work from his phone tethering. it said the software can't open.

the woolich software can do auto tune but it doesn't do it continuously like yours. it records all the info from a few rides and uses it to build a static map. it does a great job of it. I can feel a difference in the midrange. it also allows you to set a target afr. so if I wanted it at 13 (I actually did) it tunes the map to use 13 where it needs to. it also eliminated 100% of the popping on my R1. I kind of liked the gurgling pop on downshifts and it's gone now
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the R1 just sounds so amazing banging and popping on down/up shifts. the R1 stock doesn't even open the throttle to 100%. I made sure that got fixed too
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:33 PM
WTF Over

Re: ECU Tuning, send it out or do it yourself? (WoolichRacing?)

Got a quote from Bauce today, have bike one day,,, very reasonable priced... would like to see before after dyno..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in