Speed Limiter device - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By charlycop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Lightbulb Speed Limiter device

Hi Guys,

I'm a french new 2002 r6 rider, and I love my bike, especially the ratio pleasure/price
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anyway, I live in Paris, and as in many big cities around the world, I'm surrounded by speed camera fixed and mobile.... and I'm constantely checking my speed indicator...

I'm currently finishing my electronics engineering degree, and I was thinking to build a speed limiter device. This device will smartely turn off the ignition when you reach the speed the driver chose. Doesn't matter in which gear you are, the ignition will be turned off according to the speed. I guess, it is the same system as the pitlane speed limiter in motoGP.

Is it already on the market ? I cannot find something really similar online.(some mechanical/electronic cruiser control maybe, but not a simple speed limiter)

And do you think you will be interested by a product like that, or only me ?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Grinch likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:17 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Speed Limiter device

that not be a bit dangerous if it cuts what if the rider is cornering at speed and the power just cuts out and throws the bike off balance, could be a sure way to a crash. Or would you have it work like cruise control where the rider enables it when riding in a straight line such as a motorway/highway?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:18 AM
My R6 eats me.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 04:02 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

There are likely regulations on how cut-off devices can work. Before embarking on an engineering project, it would be wise to explore the possibility of such regulations. As an exercise for personal growth, it would be fun. But as Speirsy points out, there's a way to achieve that, and a way not to. There are a couple of ways in which speed governors work. They either limit fuel, or limit spark. More info:
<-- according to that article they can limit air as well, but this probably limited to "throttle by wire" vehicles. (which is probably most of the newer designs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in