Woolich Racing leaving a bad taste. - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 07:10 PM
YZFR6... ooodles of HP

Bike: 2017 YZFR6HC
Re: Woolich Racing leaving a bad taste.

So if I don't have internet and load the woolich software it won't flash without phoning home? Sounds like an old software rev is the ticket?

MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91-'19]

2017 YZFR6HC....2002 ZX9R....1993 KTM 300EXC....1983 VF750F....1981 GPz 550D1 (x2.5)....1975 DT400B....1972 LT-2....1971 SL350K1....1967 CT90K1....Plus more projects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordantly View Post
So if I don't have internet and load the woolich software it won't flash without phoning home? Sounds like an old software rev is the ticket?
it functions 100% without internet. you just have to log into the software. I have no idea how the software knows to not let you login to it. unless it gets locked when you last used it and it was online. or maybe it goes by the computer date. I may have all the answers once I hear back from the AG of my state. to be clear my issue may mostly be because I changed my harddrive and re installed windows 10. so all of the previous info about me was lost. and then I changed my PC's name on top of that. but they wont answer that question for me.

FTECU is the one that WILL NOT function without internet no matter what. thats why I didn't want it. how many race tracks you know of with free wifi? exactly...

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 09-10-2019 at 06:06 PM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:02 PM
YZFR6... ooodles of HP

Anyone who has woolich auto tuner... how does it work? Ftecu records data and you need to hook up pc without turning ignition key off to get the applicable tuning offsets to then flash as the new base map. Kinda dumb way to go.. seems like tons of unnecessary flashes to my eeprom.

2017 YZFR6HC....2002 ZX9R....1993 KTM 300EXC....1983 VF750F....1981 GPz 550D1 (x2.5)....1975 DT400B....1972 LT-2....1971 SL350K1....1967 CT90K1....Plus more projects

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:03 AM
Premium Member

Woolich is similar. You collect data samples as you ride. Then you read in the logs through a compute. Then apply the maps and reflash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Premium Member

Woolich Racing leaving a bad taste.

Duplicate

Last edited by smartdave; 09-11-2019 at 04:33 PM.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
it functions 100% without internet. you just have to log into the software. I have no idea how the software knows to not let you login to it. unless it gets locked when you last used it and it was online. or maybe it goes by the computer date. I may have all the answers once I hear back from the AG of my state. to be clear my issue may mostly be because I changed my harddrive and re installed windows 10. so all of the previous info about me was lost. and then I changed my PC's name on top of that. but they wont answer that question for me.

FTECU is the one that WILL NOT function without internet no matter what. thats why I didn't want it. how many race tracks you know of with free wifi? exactly...

Tech Support would probably be quick to point to cell phone tethering. (as an excuse)

The initial login is done with a network connection. Then it likely caches the credentials for future logins that are performed without WAN access. The token would likely include a creation and modified date. The current date/time is probably reencoded as modified date with each login. The software probably either sets an expiration date for the token, or accepts it for some limited time frame before it considers it invalid/expired. If you roll the computer clock back, it will be evident when it looks at the token modified day/time. Deny it write access to modify the token or create some other anomaly and it'll probably reset its activation cycle; requiring immediate reactivation. Best bet may just be to keep from having to relaunch the software by hibernating the laptop. If you're not restarting to apply Operating System updates, you can keep it running indefinitely. This of course assumes that it won't time your login out due to inactivity.

Roughly 1.5 decades ago I had purchased a "CodeMasters" product and due to flaws in their anti-piracy software, found it purposefully unstable. Tech Support was useless. Needless to say they conned themselves out of all future business from myself.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 PM
YZFR6... ooodles of HP

Does the fuel trim correction get logged like everything else to sd card in the box? Sorry still comparing against ftecu to see which has most features and least user hamstringers.

post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

Woolich Racing leaving a bad taste.

So the way it works is your fuel maps (trims and such) get stored in your BIN file.

The way I do it is:

Load factory bin file

Ride for a while and get data logged

Load the bin file and load the capture data files

Let the Woolich auto adjust the fuel maps

Save the bin file as file_rev1

Flash the ecu

Then ride some more

Load the rev1 file and repeat the above steps

Always loading and adjusting you last file you flashed

That way I have all the iterations in case I wanted to revert back

This is my second Woolich systems and I love it. Super flexible and allows me to adjust everything

Granted as I stated before their support is ‘ok’. But their product is top notch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yamahacrazy and mordantly like this.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordantly View Post
Does the fuel trim correction get logged like everything else to sd card in the box? Sorry still comparing against ftecu to see which has most features and least user hamstringers.
it does not do fuel trim corrections on the fly. you ride with the datalogger and it records the AFR and all engine parameters. then you take your pc/laptop and load the data into the software. use the software to apply corrected fuel trims to the recorded data (you can manually do it or allow the software to use it's algorithm to do it)
flash ecu with new fuel map.

you should do this a min of 5 times according to woolich. you can also narrow the window of the data being logged by the oxygen sensor. they say this will make the mapping more precise. there is a setup option called exhaust gas offset. this allows you to fine tune and get a more accurate reading. something ftecu doesn't have I think.

here is what it would look like if you did it on the dyno instead of riding the bike. the difference is when you ride the bike, you just ride it. there is no you need to do this or need to do that. unlike what he is doing in this video. the autotune live is just another option in the software to tune the map for professionals with a dyno.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 09-15-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in