Don't waste your time with Auctmart - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Re: Don't waste your time with Auctmart

@
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Usually that is the case, but not with Auctmart. On their site it says " FREE standard shipping to most countries on orders over US$250.
For fairings, it takes 7 working days to paint, and 3 more days to arrive at your doorstep.Check your order status here." Heres the link to their policies :
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:03 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

With specific regard to Auctmart: Even if being shipped in the mainland states, it's downright foolish for anyone to promise 3 day delivery on a bulk item. They don't even specify "working" days. Multiple aspects from your experiences to their "documentation", it sounds like they just don't know how to run a business.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 09:44 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

So I haven't installed everything completely but almost done. They came all in one piece and this is the first fairing kit I install on an R6 but I would say fitment was pretty good, paint looks good so for lets just hope it doesn't discolour or melt. So for the price its good but I do have some noob questions. Sorry the pictures are sideways I tried fixing it..

On the first picture, I can't seem to get the left panel on because the metal bar where my woodcraft frame sliders are suposed to be is in the way. Do I need to get other frame sliders that are moved down a bit?

Second picture, the fairings have quite a few of those big holes, 4 in the fender, 2 on each piece that goes right next to the tank, and like 1 or 2 on each big side panel. The only thing that makes sense from what I got in the bold kit is to put those rubber rings in the hole, but I only got 2 rubber rings in total, does that mean a few are missing or am I doing it wrong?

Last picture, I still have a little bit more bolts to use, but there will still be quite a lot of bolts over, and I'm pretty sure I have put bolts where needed, do they send extra or whats up with that? I also only got like 10-12 speednuts and I obviously need way more. I compared with bolt kits on ebay and it seems like I definitely should have more rubber rings and speed nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4036.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	361808   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4041.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	361810   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4043.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	361812   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4040.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	361814  

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:32 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

You need to cut the fairing. Take your time do it right and it will look like it was never cut.

Yea a rubber grommet with a metal spacer should go in those big holes. I used all the original fasteners and what not. I didn't bother with buying the hardware kit (granted I didn't go with auctmart but they are all one and the same).

When it comes to aftermarket fairings the theme seems to be; do what needs to be done to make it work. If you have a fastener where a fastener is needed then your good. Or you could just compare the number you took off with the number you put back on.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM

Yeah so I looked in the service manual and noticed that I do miss a lot of speednuts and rubber rings. Problem is I had race fairings on so its really hard to know exactly where all small discs go and what size of bolt goes where so I ordered a new bolt kit that should have everything.

Does anyone know where the top part on the picture goes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4038.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	361824  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:09 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Ah race fairings didn't think of that haha.

Yea they go on the inside in the top upper corner of the side fairing or whatever the technical name for it is (the bit that has "R6" written on it). That little tab sticking out on the right and left of the piece in your picture sits in a little cutout in the upper side fairing under the headlight.

Hopefully, that made sense. I can take mine off and take a pic if you need it.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:04 AM

Yeah but I did find some sort of diagram in the manual, it doesn't say exactly which size bolt goes where but you can kinda figure it out from pictures. Alright yeah I think I know where you mean thanks!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

How did the fitment go?
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Also anyone ever buy track fairings and just cutout parts for the lights etc?
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 06:03 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopahTroopah View Post
Also anyone ever buy track fairings and just cutout parts for the lights etc?
I did. I even made my own fairings.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 06-21-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in