2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Yes, I ride my R6.

Bike: '03 YZF-R6
Re: 180 vs. 190 Rear Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Pirelli makes a street compound version of the Supercorsas!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But like I mentioned, the wet traction is an issue. And they probably won't reach 5000 miles like power pures or Q2's, etc.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Well, I'm not planning on riding in the rain, although sometimes we can't help that kind of stuff. I think it's pretty clear that I need to do some more research before I make any kind of decision based on what I want / need. I think I'll be going with a 180 tire, regardless of what manufacturer I decide on. Feel free to keep discussing the track tires though!

Flat Black '03 YZF-R6 | ART Exhaust | Scott's Steering Dampener | Vortex Sprockets | 8000k HIDs | GP Pegs

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." - J. Clarkson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Bluer Than You!

Bike: 09 R6R Street,09 R6R Race
Send a message via AIM to SIKBLU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Perfect. Have u ever run blue front and green rear? I hear it's a sick setup. I've got sc2's front and rear for track days.

OP, the tires we are discussing are race DOT tires. They are Not great on the streets In wet conditions!
Even the top racers don't use the blue front. Our tracks aren't perfectly paved and it's ungodly hot. The blue front would get ripped to shreds very fast lol. Everyone here usually races sc2 front sc1 rear (sprints)

2009 Yamaha Blue R6 - Race Bike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKBLU View Post
Even the top racers don't use the blue front. Our tracks aren't perfectly paved and it's ungodly hot. The blue front would get ripped to shreds very fast lol. Everyone here usually races sc2 front sc1 rear (sprints)
Awesome info!! Thanks bro! Good luck with the rest of your season!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-

post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
=]

Bike: 2007 Candy Red R6
Send a message via AIM to derffred

A lot of great info here guys. Keep it comin

Upgrades List

<- Add me

RIP BallistiK
post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derffred View Post
A lot of great info here guys. Keep it comin
You gonna step up your game and roll on DOT's soon BRAH!?

Bryan picked up the 209/211 deal from RTS last week and LOVED em on the track Saturday. He bested his laptimes on a super green track Saturday! 1:40~ on Thunderbolt!

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Bluer Than You!

Actually I was gonna b racing last sunday but I'm having electrical issues. Probably gonna sell the bike and get a new one for next year :|

Also thinking about just racing mini endurance :p

post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 03:20 PM
DARC Racing

Bike: 06 R6 50th/Raven Hybrid

190/55 Michelin here... Love it... also set the bike up for it as well... Ride height and suspension... Never going back... If you just slap it on... Well you aint gonna notice nuttin but looks.. but thats ok too...

June 2010 and April 2015 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Rather be riding....

Bike: 03' YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by just browsing View Post
Hey guys,

I'm picking up an '03 R6 this weekend. It needs some new rubber, so I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should be looking into. It's currently got a 190 tire in the back, although I've heard that it's not necessarily a great idea to run that width on a 600cc bike.

This is my first street bike, so forgive my ignorance if this has been covered a million times before. I just didn't really know how to search for something like this. Any thoughts / insight / opinions are greatly appreciated!

-Garrett
I vote 180s, they're bit easier in the corners... 190s look better though
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:40 PM
www.1seven1.com

I didn't see it mentioned, but the tire selection is a little better for 190s. I was close to changing form 180 to 190 this season for that reason, until I realized I'd need an extra couple links in my chain, there was less clearance for my tire warmers, and rear caliper didn't clear for tire changes so I had to pull the carrier (not as fast).

-D

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:

, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing,
, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Bluer Than You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaatscootdotnet View Post
I didn't see it mentioned, but the tire selection is a little better for 190s. I was close to changing form 180 to 190 this season for that reason, until I realized I'd need an extra couple links in my chain, there was less clearance for my tire warmers, and rear caliper didn't clear for tire changes so I had to pull the carrier (not as fast).

-D
Why is the 190 tire selection better?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in