New Tire Time!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

New Tire Time!!

Time for some fresh rubber for the r6! I have only ever had pirelli diablos on, IMO not the best tire but thats just my opinion.

Been doing alot of reading and the Michelin pilot power 3s stuck out the best to me, This is not my track bike. Just a daily, weekend back road warrior!

Im looking for something sticky, good for the street and decent milage, Im getting away from the q3's because 5000km wont take me long!

any ideas! (cant seem to find stock on the michelin pilot power 3s) not that its a rush anyway #winter......
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650
Re: New Tire Time!!

If it is strictly street and little or no track, look at the Michelin Power Road 4. Awesome tire.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1guy View Post
If it is strictly street and little or no track, look at the Michelin Power Road 4. Awesome tire.
Looking in to these now! I absolutely overlooked this model!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Hey...watch this

Bike: FZ1; R6; GL1800; SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMode View Post
Probably the best tire to have on those occasions you get caught out in the rain. Great traction in the dry too, and they last a long time.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMode View Post
Probably the best tire to have on those occasions you get caught out in the rain. Great traction in the dry too, and they last a long time.
Ended up going with Bridgestone s21 just because where I live there lots of nice roads I won’t be riding in the rain too often and I can get close to a full season 7-10km out of these bad boys!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 01:50 AM
I eat my R6

I don't think any road tire for the street is better than Road 5s. The only reason why the other models are still being sold is because the inventory didn't deplete yet. It's like buying a '15 instead of an '18. If everyone knew this it would be bad for business.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 02:19 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

My Michelin pilot power 2CT’s have done amazing things for me. Ive pushed them far past what I should on the road haha.
Just my .02 🍻
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:52 PM
My R6 eats me.

I think the metzler m7rr is a decent in between. Id say maybe 7-8k out of them. Stickier than the pilot road 4 and 5 on the sides. Imho
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:24 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
I don't think any road tire for the street is better than Road 5s. The only reason why the other models are still being sold is because the inventory didn't deplete yet. It's like buying a '15 instead of an '18. If everyone knew this it would be bad for business.
I do ride wet and have stuck with the Micheline Pilot Road 4s, primarily due to the additional siping. Was over 20k by the time the front started to show thread. Unlike the flat profile of car tires, the rounded profile of the motorcycle tire enhances resistance to hydroplane. Cornering traction is a consequence of tread depth, more especially when wet.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:51 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
I do ride wet and have stuck with the Micheline Pilot Road 4s, primarily due to the additional siping. Was over 20k by the time the front started to show thread. Unlike the flat profile of car tires, the rounded profile of the motorcycle tire enhances resistance to hydroplane. Cornering traction is a consequence of tread depth, more especially when wet.
Nothing really beats the latest from a reputable company that determines it is Indeed better. It's just more risk Not having it which is undeniable but sometimes they change things that shouldn't be changed like the 737 Max 8 sensor for determining a Stall but not having redundancy is just crazy. Perhaps the engineers were tired that day and were like **** it and moved on to the next module to work on. Maybe they were going to go back but forgot about it because once they complete the project they get paid out. Maybe some people or someone lost money in BTC and needed the cash now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in