Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

New to me '02 R6

516 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Tergazzi 
#1 ·
Hello all,
Recently just picked up a 2002 R6 in pretty good condition. I have been slowly going over it since Saturday and inspecting it and making a list of all the little things I find that are missing or I just want to replace. So far nothing major on the list, I think the biggest thing was the rear brake master cylinder was broken where it connect to the brake pedal and was held on with a piece of bailing wire... lol The rest is really just missing fairing bolts and other random bolts.

See less See more
#2 ·
After diving deeper into this bike I have found out the headlight assembly was broken where the upper stay bracket mounts to it. Also the ducts for the air intake were missing, the gear selector linkage rubs the frame, my fuel tank for some reason won’t sit flush with the frame, has like a 1 inch gap up by the triple tree.
Can’t for the life of me figure that one out! The mounting bracket doesn’t appear to be bent, none of the fuel lines or anything are in the way. It just doesn’t want to sit on top of the air box all the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.