Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Stahlbus Oil Drain Valves

51K views 334 replies 59 participants last post by  darlazy 
#1 · (Edited)

save the mess... install the quick drain system. quarter turn, never spill again.

http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=75

The Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve replaces the existing drain plug and provides a faster, safer, and cleaner way of performing oil changes. Once the valve is installed, oil changes can be performed without tools, without risk of burns from hot oil, and without the need to replace the drain plug washer. Simple operation: unscrew the cap by hand, and insert the hose attachment (quarter-turn bayonet joint) to start the oil drain. Optional safety-wire cap available.

The advantages at a glance:

• Easy handling due to quick release cap/hose connect
• Drain valve can not be lost
• Minimized risk of burns from hot oil

• Seal/washer change is not necessary

• Oil pan thread is spared

• Double outlet protection (protective cap and valve)

• Connection to vacuum possible

• Optimal application for discharge sampling or trapping

• Change oil without tools

• Optional predrilled cap for safety wire - race-org approved

Be sure to verify your drain bolt size and thread pitch before purchasing... if it's not listed, it's not available.

More Stahlbus products coming soon - including dry break systems (brake systems), bleeder valves, and other Stahlbus accessories. I'm offering free shipping on all orders of Stahlbus products for a while, so get yours while the shipping is free!! :toocool:

here's stahlbus' application database... i can't speak to its accuracy, but the few i have seen are dead on.

http://www.stahlbus.com/info/images/Downloads/Oelablass-Gewinde-Motorrad.pdf

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Justin, I know I asked earlier on Facebook, but will you have a different style cap available that can be safety wired? Great looking product, if it can be safety wired, I'm sold for sure! :cheers

#6 ·
Damn that is nice. I will have to pick one up next time I do an oil change.

#11 ·
Sick! Will be picking one up for sure soon!

#36 ·
I passed this around my office this morning, all my colleagues are either PhD's in science or engineering or masters degree holders with over 15 yrs experience and very hands on folks. Initial review was great. They loved the design and the simplicity of it. Only questions they had were:
1. What type of metal construction is it, specifically, what kind of steel?
2. What is the o-ring material?
3. What is the spring material?

Reasons being: With the engine oils getting upto 250F, it would be good to know if the seals would handle it over time. We use elastomer seals at work all the time and know a few things about them. Also, just to know the weat cycle on the spring...how many cycles was it put through.

:laugh All these from scientists...what other questions do you expect :lmao

I'll be posting up a review soon, probably sometime next week. :YEA

#40 ·
If you have a great product, might as well price it right. In this case, I think its more Euro to $ conversion and shipping over from Germany that kills the price, maybe I'm wrong. To me, its still a great price Dion for the comfort it provides in the long run. BTW, do you have safety wire stuff by any chance?

ninja edit... i saw that. ;)

and ram - i'll try and find out and let you know. :cheers (damn scientists!) :laugh
:lmao, and Justin, correct me if I'm wrong ^^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.