LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Jonesing for track

Bike: 06 Track, 03 R6, 14' FZ09
Re: Optimal Race Fairings Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa View Post
Thx. How many are needed?
I ordered a 6 pk of D-Zus from Woodcraft. I used 4 (2 on each side) for the belly pan & upper, and used remaining 2 on the tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu_1972 View Post
it looks nice so far. you have any idea how you want to paint it yet?
Pearl black and pearl white. Belly pan, front fender, and gas tank will be black, the rest will be white. At some point I'll put subtle black decals on the white to make it pop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 AM
09 R6

Old thread...

OP, can you comment on the flexibility of the Optimal bodywork? I'm going back and forth between Optimal, Armor Bodies and Rockwall. Sharkskinz are too much coin for the amount of time I'll be using them. I want something flexible to hold up better in a wreck. I;ve seen a video of the armor bodies on sportbiketrackgear and thoses are super flexible.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Jonesing for track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastsc92 View Post
Old thread...

OP, can you comment on the flexibility of the Optimal bodywork? I'm going back and forth between Optimal, Armor Bodies and Rockwall. Sharkskinz are too much coin for the amount of time I'll be using them. I want something flexible to hold up better in a wreck. I;ve seen a video of the armor bodies on sportbiketrackgear and thoses are super flexible.
If you're willing to fork over $600 and some change I'd go with Armour Bodies in a heartbeat. The flexibility is alright on the Optimal, it's a little on the stiff side but much better than Hotbodies (Hotbodies is/was super stiff). I'd give it about 6 out of 10 for flexibility. I don't know anything about Rockwall's flexibility.

I've been happy with the Optimal fairings so far. Haven't crash tested them yet... In the event that I need to replace some bodywork, Optimal sells individual pieces for cheap. I don't know if the other brands you listed offer individual replacements.

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 01:10 PM
slow guy

Bike: 2007 R6

Did you buy directly from optimal? I've found optimal race glass on the WERA forums for $355 shipped, just curious if your price included shipping or not? I'm looking to buy a set over winter.

Rockriverpowersports.com
Trackside suspension and engineering
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Jonesing for track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkmoto View Post
Did you buy directly from optimal? I've found optimal race glass on the WERA forums for $355 shipped, just curious if your price included shipping or not? I'm looking to buy a set over winter.
I went through the vendor on the WERA forum: Superbikestore for $355
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:12 PM
slow guy

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergster View Post
I went through the vendor on the WERA forum: Superbikestore for $355
Cool Thanks man

Rockriverpowersports.com
Trackside suspension and engineering
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:17 AM
No Tracks, Just Dragons

Bike: TBD

What kind of full system are you running? i'm wondering if i'm gonna have to cut a hole in the bottom for my Leo SBK exhaust

07 51st Anniversary R6
03 Mini Cooper (Blue/White Stripes/British Mirrors)
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skabarbro View Post
What kind of full system are you running? i'm wondering if i'm gonna have to cut a hole in the bottom for my Leo SBK exhaust

SikBlu has a full Leo on his 09 and I dont think he had to cut his optimal fairings at all. Ask him to be sure tho'.

Also checkout WFOriders.com for local TX based forum.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by skabarbro View Post
you don't have to cut - but they MIGHT touch (or come pretty close to touching) so you might have to insulate it and/or wrap your collector pipe.

i have some ebay fairings on my bike and my leo just BARELY touches the belly.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 04:58 PM
My R6 is trouble.

Bike: 2007 R6 - 2006 R1

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I'm installing a set of Armour Bodies superbike kit on my 07 and I'm having a few problems/dislikes. The dislikes: the patches they put on the kit where you drill don't always line up with the dents they put into the top of it to drill into it and the under tail doesn't fit the upper tail without gaps. So far I've only worked on the tail and have come to a point that I chose to stop and ask questions. There is a piece that comes with it, I believe it is the seat pan based on the fact that it is a small piece and it about 5X more rigid than the rest of the kit. All instructions are vague and videos I have watched have the sport kit install that retains stock seat, anyone know exactly where and how this piece gets installed? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in