What to expect, first track day - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
UNLEASH THE FURY!!!

Bike: '08 R6S
Question What to expect, first track day

Ok, so Ive become a member with STT, and found the funds and means to get out to my first track day later this month. Basically, what should I expect when I first get there? I know about the riders meetings, but where does it go from there? Will they call all the first timers over to a specific group of instructors for additional classroom instruction or something?

As far as pitting goes, is it basically find any open spot?

FUEL... what/how much should I bring?

Last, any tips on things out of the ordinary to bring? Already planning on another set of clothes, food and water, tools and gear, but is there something Im forgetting?

As you can maybe tell, Im in one of those hyped/nervous/excited modes about getting out there, lol.

I didnít do it, you didnít see me, I wasnít there, and Im not here now. You canít prove a thing!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fueled by POWERTHIRST
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM
blarg

Bike: 08 Aprilia Tuono
Re: What to expect, first track day

I bring a 5 gallon can

always check your gas after about the 2nd session.

they should have a novice riders meeting I would think
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM
track junkie

Bike: 07 R6 (sold)06 R6 (track)

Find an open spot for pits. I usually bring about 5 gallons of gas. You start registration. then you bring your bike over to tech. Then you will have the riders meeting then they will have a novice meeting where you will break into groups with different control riders based on experience. Then you can go back to your pit and relax until your group is called. STT is a great group of guys. What days are you planning on going?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
UNLEASH THE FURY!!!

Bike: '08 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by eml92 View Post
Find an open spot for pits. I usually bring about 5 gallons of gas. You start registration. then you bring your bike over to tech. Then you will have the riders meeting then they will have a novice meeting where you will break into groups with different control riders based on experience. Then you can go back to your pit and relax until your group is called. STT is a great group of guys. What days are you planning on going?
ok cool, thanks guys. I just signed up for the last session at autobahn, 25th +26th Sep

I didnít do it, you didnít see me, I wasnít there, and Im not here now. You canít prove a thing!

Fueled by POWERTHIRST
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Super Mod

Bike: 05 R6
Send a message via AIM to mx3TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeGrey View Post
ok cool, thanks guys. I just signed up for the last session at autobahn, 25th +26th Sep
I usually bring 2 five gallon jugs of fuel but thats only really necessary if you are doing a double. But for me I rather bring extra then not have enough. If you can, buy a canopy, 10x10 or so for shade, chairs, small table, snacks, tons of drinks and your game face. get ready to roll but they will break you in nice and slow so dont get to nervous. I dont know what STT has but TPM has an ART basic group for first timers that are paired with coaches all day and have a lot of class room time to go over lines and body position and all the good stuff you need to know. Enjoy it man and get ready to empty your wallet!

RED 2005 R6
Racefit Growler - Solo Exhaust Bracket - Lockhart Phillips No Cut Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders - Lockhart Phillips Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders - Puig Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen - Pirelli Diablo DRC - BMC Air Filter - Shift Shaft Support - Dyno Jet Power Commander 3 USB - Yamaha Factory Seat Cowl - Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer - Graves Slide Stops - 520 Conversion(-1,+2) AFAM/DIDERV3 - Graves Smog Block Off Plates - Speedo Healer - GPR Steering Damper - Dyno Jet Quick Shifter
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Centurion Motorsports

Bike: 2008 R6

When you get there just ask tell anyone with a Yamaha you are a first timer and they will help you out. The track guys are the best group of riders you will ever meet. Might end up with someone you can pit with. I remember my first trackday and they were great.

2008 R6 Race Bike CMRA 156/WERA Expert
Ohlins 30 mm Fork Internals
Ohlins TTX36 Rear shock
Ohlins Ti Steering Damper
Vesrah RJL Race Pads
Spieglar Custom Lines Green lines w/ Blue Banjo bolts
Galfer Light weight Rear Rotor
Stock Internals
K & N Race Filter
Bazzaz Engine Management with AFM
Bazzaz Quick Shifter
Bazzaz Traction Control
Bazzaz EX-UP Delete
Leo Vince Full TI Corsa System
Vortex Frt/Rear Sprockets
Rk 520 Race ChainArmour Bodies Bodywork
Woodcraft Case Covers RT/LT
Woodcraft Clip-ons
Woodcraft Frame Sliders
Woodcraft Shark Fin
Woodcraft Spools
Traxxion Dynamics Tank Sliders
Hotbodies Windscreen
Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SC2 Tires
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I hate you Turn 4!

Bike: 09 Orca

Bring plenty of tools to work on your bike, At my first day my chain was to tight and i didn't the right tool to loosen and move the back wheel. Luckly the guy we pitted next to had my same bike and helped me out.

Other things to bring
any spare parts you have ( levers ) in case you wreck
towels
spray bottle with water ( to clean off your visor )
Fluids: Brake and distilled water
Some stuff to drink, Water , Powerade, G2
A snack or two
ZIP TIES, ZIP TIES, ZIP TIES
DUCT TAPE
PAINTERS TAPE

There is prob. more just can not think of them right now
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

Everything is spot on! Should be a great time! and STT will tell you everything you need to know about the day
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in