Shark Skinz w/ street mods: advice please! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
MITICO

Bike: 07 R6 & 08 RSV-R Factory
Shark Skinz w/ street mods: advice please!

Will be installing my shark skinz on the bike over the winter however need to retain street user ability. It will NOT be used as an everyday commuter, however the bike will need to be ridden from time to time to be able to be transported to track days, storage, etc. Is it advised to modify my skins to accommodate head lights & brake lights / turn signals, OR can anyone suggest aftermarket brake light / head light combinations to make my living easiest? It's an '08 Aprilia RSV-R, so fortunately / unfortunately the tail section has brake lights & turn signals built in. Not too concerned about retaining front turn signal ability, but not sure exactly what my options may be. Thanks 1 and all
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1
Re: Shark Skinz w/ street mods: advice please!

Why not just swap out fairings for when you go to the track? Shouldn't take too long to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
MITICO

Bike: 07 R6 & 08 RSV-R Factory

Don't have any previous skinz experience, how complicated can fairings removal be in additional to removing head lights / brake lights / turn signals? I'm sure it'll take a few goes before I can be efficient at it, just trying to find the quickest way to take care of all my needs in one shot.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:37 AM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

It's pretty straight forward. The first couple of times will probably take you a few minutes but then you'll know what goes where and you'll be able to do it quick. There's no point in making the SharkSkinz into street plastics IMO.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in