making right turns. - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha Blue R6
making right turns.

Alright so i've been riding for about a year now on my R6 and one thing that i can't get right is how to go fast around right turns. I'm able to take fast left turns but it's something about turning right that gives me problems i'm not able to lean as far into the turn as i can left. My chicken strip on my left of my tire is all the way to the edge but the right still needs abit more to go. Does anyone have any advice of how i can learn to lean more into right turns any practice tips. i just don't trust myself leaning as far as i do left.

thanks.

Modifications:
Smoked Zero Gravity DB
Hot bodies smoked flush mounts
MotoDynamic Integrated TL
Custom fender elminator
Vortex spools
Leo Vince SBK Evo II
PCV
AGG plates

Last edited by ChampR6; 10-05-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 R6s
Re: making right turns.

do everything you normally do goin left, just the other way... lol
but seriously i have the same issue, i always thought it was cuz im left handed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 R6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMendenhall View Post
Thats so much fcukin popcorn. Id run a train. Id be all like "nomnomnomnomnom".
2008 R6s-
PcV withAuto Tune module, Factory pro super flare stacks, 4 degree ignition advancer, BMC race filter, Graves Slide Stops, 520 conversion kit (-1 +2) Rizoma grips and fluid tanks, 8000k HID's, DanMoto Rearsets, Akropovic Carbon shorty slipon (for Non S) speedoDRD, Spiegler braided lines, Yana Shiki Rotors, Double Bubble windscreen, 6" extended swing arm (hate if you want)
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Waiting On the weather...

Bike: 2009 Orange R6
Send a message via Yahoo to yfzttracer

I have the exact opposite problem. I can turn right easily and at speed. I have trouble turning left. I even had the same problem with my last bike.

09 Orange R6

HB flush mounts, Motodynamics taillight, Vortex frame sliders, PCV+Auto tune, Roth Block offs, Arrow "Dark Series" slip-on, Olson Mid Pipe,Kryptonbulbs.com HID Headlights , Driven D3 grips, Stomp Grips, Much more to come.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:23 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Yamaha Blue R6

yea it's been something that i've been trying to practice for a while now. I just can't seem to get the hang of it. lol. i guess it'll just come with practice.

Modifications:
Smoked Zero Gravity DB
Hot bodies smoked flush mounts
MotoDynamic Integrated TL
Custom fender elminator
Vortex spools
Leo Vince SBK Evo II
PCV
AGG plates
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Couple things... They call um chicken strips for a reason... For whatever reason ur scared while making ur right hand turns. Some people have a harder time turning towards their throttle hand... Just focus on a few things, such as your body position in comparison to when you make a left turn, and also make sure ur not locking ur elbows, especially your right elbow when making a right hand turn. I good body position will have your face down near your mirror, try to kiss it, and your elbow well bent, as well as mostly just your outer cheek on the seat... Hope I explained that well enough... Get rid of those chicken strips! haha

RIP Richard Bishop. You're a great friend and someone I will never forget.
MY TRACK BUILD THREAD

MY TRACK DAY THREAD

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MY FACEBOOK

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6 Charcoal Gray

Are you talking about coming up to a green light and making a right turn?

I find that I will go into first gear for these turns... I think I'm doing like 15 MPH, maybe more if the road is OK.

You have to make sure you're entering the right turn from the left side of your lane. Some people are already on the right side of their lane then start making a right turn, which puts them WAY further out on the turn.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 06:52 AM
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

All excellent advice so far...

Also might want to consider raising your bike back up to stock...having it lowered makes the dynamics of the suspension different...plus the geometry might be off on one side because of the lowering...

I could be totally wrong, but just wanted to throw out the possibility...

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

I have always been more comfortable at turning left since the day I started riding anything.

I guess I'm just not an ambi-turner
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Seriously tho, you need to just keep practicing. Eventually you will get more comfortable making the right turns. Don't worry about the chicken strips. Mine were lopsided for a really long time.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM
VIRTUOSO

Bike: '09 R1 & R6 '10 S1000RR

Get your suspension back to stock. Find a roundabout or empty lot and start practicing.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
www.1seven1.com

Hey, don't forget your tire wears more on the left side due to the crown in the road. So if you're just looking at tire wear, the right turn problems could be your imagination.

-D

A HUGE thank you to my 2014 sponsors:

, Fast Line Race Tire, Galfer, Vortex, Sidi Boots, LP Racing,
, XT Racing. Come race at Miller with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in