Vortex Rearsets - Where do you have your pegs? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 08 R6 Yellow Flames
Vortex Rearsets - Where do you have your pegs?

So I just bought these for my bike and I'm looking for suggestions on where I should position the footpegs. Right now I've got them in what Vortex says is the stock position (see pic below of left/shift side). I'm not a racer but I'm doing track days pretty regularly. My bike is an '08 and I'm about 5'9" if that matters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Footpeg.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	51878  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 R6, MJS Full Race System, Puig Smoked Windshield, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Flush-Mount Signals, ASV Shorty Levers, PCV, BMC Street Filter, Vortex Rearsets, GPR Steering Damper, Driven 520 Conversion

Last edited by Surfrider; 10-10-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1
Re: Vortex Rearsets - Where do you have your pegs?

Adjust them to where YOU feel most comfortable. Keep moving them around until it feels good for you. Different people like their feet in different positions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
I eat my R6

i had them two up and two back, and that was too cramped for me and i'm 5'10".

like the above, you'll likely move them around a few times before you find the one that fits your style.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2005 CTS V

Numerous times around the block and you'll get your feel for them. Keeping adjusting until comfortable.

Full Titanium Sato GP
Woodcraft Clip-Ons
Graves Smog Plates
Fren Turbo Type 4's
AggRacing Rear Wave Rotor
Pazzo Shorties
Bazzaz ZFI + AFM

Future Mods:
Track time +++
Brembo RCS
HyperPro RSC
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 05 R6 Raven

all the way up and all the way back. 6'3". comfortable for about 300 miles of spirited riding. after that things start to get a bit cramped.

if ground clearance isn't an issue, start low and towards the back and go from there. dragging a fixed position peg can ruin your day.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I know I'll be moving them around I'm just looking for a good starting place for track riding. I've been riding it on the street with stock pegs since I got it so that feels comfortable for me right now. What I want to do is re-learn where I should be for track riding.

By the way, there isn't much room for movement unless I extend the reservoir hose. Anyone have pictures of what they've done to solve that problem?

08 R6, MJS Full Race System, Puig Smoked Windshield, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Flush-Mount Signals, ASV Shorty Levers, PCV, BMC Street Filter, Vortex Rearsets, GPR Steering Damper, Driven 520 Conversion
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 02:37 AM
crashing aint so bad

Bike: 2005 red r6

Most people remove the reservoir and replace it with a small length of brake fluid tubing that is simply capped off. A 2" - 3" piece of tubing is about all you need.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Does the rear brake still work if you do that? How do you cap off the tube without it leaking?

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
crashing aint so bad

Bike: 2005 red r6

the rear brake still works, since there is still fluid in the lines and the little piece of tubing. I have seen people use cork or plastic rod. they then use a small hose clamp to lock the cap in place. the trick is to use a clear tube so you can see how much fluid is in there.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 AM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke geis View Post
the rear brake still works, since there is still fluid in the lines and the little piece of tubing. I have seen people use cork or plastic rod. they then use a small hose clamp to lock the cap in place. the trick is to use a clear tube so you can see how much fluid is in there.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, most race bikes are that way. For the pegs, try to move it around till you feel the most comfortable, raising it up helps leaning a bit more, that's from my personal experience though.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in