Putnam 10-3-10 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
My R6 beats me

Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6
Putnam 10-3-10

Just a few pics..

Let me know what you think!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 Yamaha R6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Putnam 10-3-10

Nice pics, looking good. How many trackdays u run before this?

Some say body positioning is over rated, but I think its pretty important and I still am working on getting mine better. Looks like your head needs to come out and down more like the so called "kissing the mirrors" position.

Also, dropping your inside elbow will help a lot getting your head down, plus it'll feel more natural and eases up any tension in the arms during lean. You can also slide ur butt off the seat a bit more imo.

Good luck and get the instructors involved so they can follow you around and help you more.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
My R6 beats me

Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6

That was my 4th day, i was running 1:23's according to my brother with a stop watch.

06 Yamaha R6

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 08:00 PM
her name is Megan Fox

Bike: 05 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
Nice pics, looking good. How many trackdays u run before this?

Some say body positioning is over rated, but I think its pretty important and I still am working on getting mine better. Looks like your head needs to come out and down more like the so called "kissing the mirrors" position.

Also, dropping your inside elbow will help a lot getting your head down, plus it'll feel more natural and eases up any tension in the arms during lean. You can also slide ur butt off the seat a bit more imo.

Good luck and get the instructors involved so they can follow you around and help you more.
so basically dont do anything like his ^ sig.

hope up north is treating you alright ram.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 08:02 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03r6special View Post
so basically dont do anything like his ^ sig.

hope up north is treating you alright ram.

and no, I hate the north, TX is waaay better. Its a long story brah, just dont wanna start it now
:.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '08 R6

I heart putty

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbizx View Post
I heart putty

I love that track

Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Super Mod

Bike: 05 R6
Send a message via AIM to mx3TT

until you get your body position more sorted out, i wouldnt even worry about times. especially since its only your 4th day. work on consistency and hitting every apex EVERY time. Getting your upper half over and down will help you more then you can even imagine. Your inside foot position seems to be good but getting your ass off more and your upper half will get you where you need to be.

RED 2005 R6
Racefit Growler - Solo Exhaust Bracket - Lockhart Phillips No Cut Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders - Lockhart Phillips Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders - Puig Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen - Pirelli Diablo DRC - BMC Air Filter - Shift Shaft Support - Dyno Jet Power Commander 3 USB - Yamaha Factory Seat Cowl - Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer - Graves Slide Stops - 520 Conversion(-1,+2) AFAM/DIDERV3 - Graves Smog Block Off Plates - Speedo Healer - GPR Steering Damper - Dyno Jet Quick Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in