Track tires??? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Track tires???

Hey guys..and gals, i was wondering what everyone else was using as far as track tires go. I have nothing left on my dunlop Q2's and i was wondering if there was any better tires out there? Im not looking for slicks yet i am still I class for NESBA. But i have to buy new tires SOON so let me know what you think! thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 AM
It's pronounced "Tollz"

Bike: 2007 R6, 2009 DRZ400SM
Send a message via AIM to JTolles
Re: Track tires???

BT003 (RS or Pros)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sig by Joe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:33 AM
B4B

Bike: 2007 R6 (Race)

man there are tons....

I'd go with pirelli s. corsas med. compound as an awesome tire

Another one I'd recommend are the dunlop ntec's (UK version) but they are a bit pricey. I think I'm running the pirelli's next year.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 09:57 AM
OMRRA #79

Bike: R6

If your just doing track days and not riding on the street at all Perelli came out with a new "track day" compund tire. I bought a set of these so called "track day slicks" (which do not require tire warmers BTW) for $375 and I did 9 track days on them before I sold them to a buddy who still has them on his bike! These things last FOREVER and they are a pretty good tire until my lap times got down to like 1:15's at PIR then it was time for something a bit better thats why I sold them to a buddy. For anyone looking to do a bunch of trackdays these are the ticket!

Edit: Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slicks in a track day compound.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

yup - the superbikes are money (from what i've heard/read). they'r using them almost exclusively on the racing 'tards down here.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:23 AM
OMRRA #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg2001 View Post
yup - the superbikes are money (from what i've heard/read). they'r using them almost exclusively on the racing 'tards down here.

I can totaly see that. These tires are super light! That is actualy where I started to run into issues as I got faster and faster on them, the carcas is so light and thin that the sidewalls were starting to flex and that made for some interesting movement when combine with my rear shock not being 100% dialed in!

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

I have some Ntec's coming my way right now....Also have a set of SC2 take offs to try out

Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 AM
OMRRA #79

NTec's > SC2's once you get your suspension dialed in for the 190 rear that you have to run with the Dunlop.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
NTec's > SC2's once you get your suspension dialed in for the 190 rear that you have to run with the Dunlop.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yeah that is what I have been told...
:

Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

add a shim/washer, and you're A LOT closer, from what i hear.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in