anyone going to chuckwalla april 15th? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 R6 track bike
anyone going to chuckwalla april 15th?

anyone going? i am. first track day ever. going to be the first time i ride my bike too. i had a r6s before, i put 36,000 street miles on it and use to ride the moutains and canyons ALOT. never been on the track, cant wait!!!!
anyone ever been to cvr? tell me stuff about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2014 R6
Re: anyone going to chuckwalla april 15th?

Haven't been there yet but my friends tell me it's a super fun track and is really smooth. Maybe one or two bumps unlike streets where I low sided lol.

CVMA #143

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram shawn3210
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

yea, looking at pictures it looks smooth. i read an article in the roadracing worl magazine a long time ago, n they talked about building the track, they said they put some kind of glue on the sand around the track so that not much sand can go onto the track

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Love To Ride!!

Bike: 2008 Raven R6S

Very fun track, flows very well. Watch the turn 8 and 9 combo it already has a rep for getting people off their bike. I've ridden Big Willow, streets and CVR and I think CVR is the most fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

o yea, im going counter clockwise too. i dont plan on pushing too hard this time around, im gonna try n take it easy, learn the track n learn my bike too. can u tell me some info about the pits? i plan on getting there the night before n sleeping there in my friends toybox
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

I was there for the first time a few weeks, on my 2nd track day ever. If you're showing up at night, the entrance is kind of hard to spot. The track is down the same road as the airport - Google maps makes it look like it's way down the road past the airport, so be aware of that. Me and my buddy spent like an hour driving around staring at the GPS trying to figure out where the damn track was at 1am.

The track itself is really smooth and a lot of fun. There's one patch of pavement on the whole thing that'll give you a little bump when you hit. Running counter-clockwise you probably won't roll over it (I ran it clockwise). There's no long main straight, so you're really working pretty hard the whole way through every lap. There's some really fun, interesting, technical turns.

It's really in the middle of nowhere, so make sure you pack up everything you need. There's not much in the way of facilities. The paddock area is basically just a big parking lot.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Love To Ride!!

Bike: 2008 Raven R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrhsix View Post
o yea, im going counter clockwise too. i dont plan on pushing too hard this time around, im gonna try n take it easy, learn the track n learn my bike too. can u tell me some info about the pits? i plan on getting there the night before n sleeping there in my friends toybox

What kind of info would you like about the pits?

Like Fallis said the "paddock" is just a parking lot for the most part. There are bathrooms and some grand stands but that's it. If you camp out you'll see other guys doing the same and it usually turns into a little party lol.

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 PM
TRAVELER

Bike: '07 "50th Anniversary" R6

An absolute fun track. Not like BumpyWillow or Streets where it is all hammered. There is a couple of patchy stuff like going clockwise, turn 10 (from the blind corner, turn 9), there is a patch right at the apex marker where I found that you could slide a bit if you get on the throttle too fast/hard. Then the top part of the "bowl" could be a bit sketchy too. I think it is the best coming next to Fontana for down here in SOCAL. CCW will be interesting with turn 10,9 and 8. Going up hill off cambered on turn nine should be fun.

Robin

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

can u bring bbqs into the pits? my friend will have his trailer so just as long as we have gas for the generator well have everything we need, right? were going try n get there early just before the sun goes down so that we can find the place good. if we camp there the night before can we camp there the next night too with out having to pay again?
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 03:31 PM
TRAVELER

Bike: '07 "50th Anniversary" R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrhsix View Post
can u bring bbqs into the pits? my friend will have his trailer so just as long as we have gas for the generator well have everything we need, right? were going try n get there early just before the sun goes down so that we can find the place good. if we camp there the night before can we camp there the next night too with out having to pay again?
Yes you can BBQ into the PITS. The paddock is just a slab of asphalt with a couple of PORTAPOTTIES. You will be able to camp out and would pay for the trailer/truck on a per night basis as well as a fee per person per night which is at a minimal fee. It is much better than having to get lodging which is a ways away from the actual track. Are you doing two days (SAT and SUN)? If you are, get there about 4pm or right before the sun gets down on Friday and you should be fine. Weíve camped out there before and itís okay. Which TRACK ORG are you going with? I think it is just TRACKDAZ and SOCAL TRACK RIDERS (No Session Format) are the only ones I know of that are utilizing it for MC Trackdays. Take It To The Track is not scheduled this year.

Have fun and post some PICS. Street riding (Canyons or not) is still different from riding the track. Now you can really test what your bike can do. Make sure you test your capabilities first as I am sure that the bike can do a lot more. Iíve yet to push the limit of my bike.

V/R
Chief

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in