Armour Bodies Bodywork and Windscreen Fit - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Armour Bodies Bodywork and Windscreen Fit

Hi fellas, I just installed my Armour Bodies bodywork on my 2010 R6. The install and git has been great, of the 3 types i have experience with this has been the best quality and fit so far.

Question, for those who have the bodywork, how did you install the windscreen? I have a zero gravity windscreen and the tabs at the very bottom do not line up with the mold. it pushes it up from the bottom and leave a little gap. Are you supposed to grind off the tabs on the windscreen? or cut slots into the fairing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:46 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Armour Bodies Bodywork and Windscreen Fit

i've been installing the same kit on my 09 r6. haven't got my screen in the mail yet, but i was wondering the same thing after looking at the stock screen.

also, how did you affix the bottom half of the tail section to the top half? any pics? this is my first fairing install...

s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

I haven't actually installed my tail yet but I will be using Dzus D-Rings. In the past i have just used the push pin rivets off the stock R6 fairings and I have never had an issue BUT i think the D-Rings will be more secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
i've been installing the same kit on my 09 r6. haven't got my screen in the mail yet, but i was wondering the same thing after looking at the stock screen.

also, how did you affix the bottom half of the tail section to the top half? any pics? this is my first fairing install...

s3aturnr

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I'm in the same boat.. will be tackling on an '09.. and using the Dzus fasteners (rivet style)..
going to follow the write up on the board already but.. of course my results usually vary haha
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

I called Woodcraft as they are the US distributors and they told me just to bolt it right up and that it was ok to have the gap. The guy I talked didn't fill me with confidence that he knew what he was talking about. But if this is what you are a really supposed to do that's fine it's just a pretty poor fit if you as me for a kit whose fitament is near perfect everywhere else. I tried calling their Armour Bodies headquarters and got no answer and their mailbox was full... dang candadians
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Pin it to win it!

Yes grind the tabs off the Zero Gravity. That's what I did and have been happy with the fitment. You could cut holes in the upper for the windscreen to slot into, but that wouldn't be my first choice.

2011 Sponsors- CS Carey Racing Inc., Woodcraft, Amour Bodies, Vortex, Amsoil, Bazzaz
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 04:30 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track

When I installed mine I had the same issue. The whole kit fit great, but the windscreen sat cockeyed as the holes did not line up well!
BTW, DZUS is the way to go
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

That's what I did and it fit's great. Thanks Parapuke. For those considering the armour bodies kit you will need to do this to have a clean fit of the windscreen. I have a grinding wheel and I was done in 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapuke View Post
Yes grind the tabs off the Zero Gravity. That's what I did and have been happy with the fitment. You could cut holes in the upper for the windscreen to slot into, but that wouldn't be my first choice.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 01:38 AM
RIP Super Sic

Bike: 09 R6

Armour Bodies fit really nice and I'm very happy with them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Pin it to win it!

Just FYI this is required for probably most bodywork. I've mounted Sharkskinz and Armour Bodies this way with the windscreen. Most companies don't want to put extra holes in there product and since the windscreen tabs aren't really necessary, this is what they do.

2011 Sponsors- CS Carey Racing Inc., Woodcraft, Amour Bodies, Vortex, Amsoil, Bazzaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in