May 1,2 - NJ Thunderbolt track (TTD) - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
ttd
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

May 1,2 - NJ Thunderbolt track (TTD)

Just a heads up that we still have space for both of these dates... although the Sunday, May 1st date is filling up quick.

If you haven't been to one of our days before, here is a link to a video about how we operate.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We also have 17 trackdays up in New Hampshire for those closer to there.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tony
Ride the Track!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track
Re: May 1,2 - NJ Thunderbolt track (TTD)

Free bump! I rode with you guys last spring at T-bolt, nice crew and great atmosphere
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Go faster!

Bike: 2003 R6 and 2000 VFR

I am stoked. Time to dust of the bike.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Go faster!

Bike: 2003 R6 and 2000 VFR

Anyone in Northern NJ interested in ride/trailer share?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
ttd

Psyched that a few of you are joining us!

I'll be dusting off the cobwebs on April 18 up in NH... hopefully the weather holds up!

Can't wait to ride again!

Tony
Ride the Track!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
ttd

Weather is looking 55 and sunny for our April 18th trackday up here in New Hampshire... so should be a good time to "warm up" after this long winter.

Our May 1,2 dates in New Jersey are filling up fast... especially the sunday, may 1. If you're thinking of joining us, might want to get in now. Price bumps up next week too so avoid that as well!

As of now, you can enter the track Saturday night and tell them you're doing a trackday with us. We'll have tech inspection and registration open around 6PM Saturday for those that want to get it out of the way.

And don't forget that on sunday night after we're done riding, plan to stick around for the HAPPY HOUR and DINNER BUFFET - which is held right at the Thunderbolt Course in the Officers Building (the building by the chicane)

Anyway, the Happy Hour is free to attend (buy your own booze but it's pretty cheap!). The dinner is $25 but it's high-end food and includes all tips, taxes, etc. Here's a sample menu
  • Tossed Garden Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Linguini Carbonara
  • London Broil
  • Garlic Mashed Potatoes
  • Glazed baby carrots
  • String beans witjh almonds
  • Chocolate tarte
  • Italian breads

Nothing better than a great day of track riding, followed with some good food and drink and stories.... followed by ANOTHER great day of track riding!!!

Here's the links to sign up, as well as the PAID rider list.

PAID

REGISTER HERE

Tony
Ride the Track!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
ttd

May 1st update

Beginner and Intermediate groups have less than 5 spots each....

and the early payment price ends end of the week.

Tony
Ride the Track!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

I would consider the May1 date, but what is your policy on no-showing in case of rain? I know other orgs offer event insurance as a fee, do you guys?

ALSO, what about 1st time running with TTD? I run intermediate with other groups, and am gettin so sick of dealing with being in the beginner group cause I didn't run with them recently, etc.. Would I be able to sign up for intermediate right off the bat? Or do I have to be evaluated 1st, etc?

How many coaches do you all have, etc? What sets your organization apart from the rest? Sell me on signing up and I will. LOL

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
ttd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
I would consider the May1 date, but what is your policy on no-showing in case of rain? I know other orgs offer event insurance as a fee, do you guys?

ALSO, what about 1st time running with TTD? I run intermediate with other groups, and am gettin so sick of dealing with being in the beginner group cause I didn't run with them recently, etc.. Would I be able to sign up for intermediate right off the bat? Or do I have to be evaluated 1st, etc?

How many coaches do you all have, etc? What sets your organization apart from the rest? Sell me on signing up and I will. LOL
Rain Insurance: Sorry, we do not offer rain insurance. Rain or shine, I have to pay the track fees, so I never found a good way to offer insurance.

Regardless, our goal is to help you ride your bike better. Riding your bike in the wet is a critical skill. Remember, the best riders don't do anything different in the wet...they just do it all a little smoother.

If you have a track only bike with slicks or DOT RACE rubber, then get a set of rain tires. Watch a rain race someday on TV and you'll see they are probably going faster and with more lean angle than most trackday riders at a dry day. If they weren't competing, they could do it without crashing too... so a wet trackday doesn't have to mean crash.

GROUP ASSIGNMENT: We let our customers self assign their group to begin the day. We have a slightly different customer base than many trackday orgs and therefore we find most of our customers put themselves into too low of a group. Either way, by 11AM we have pretty much sorted everyone out and they are in the proper group.

COACHES, etc: In general, each of our groups have 3 to 5 people assigned to them. We have Control Riders and Instructors... each has a different job description.

Not sure anything makes us "different" other than our customer base. They are generally a little more "laid back" and we don't allow racers to attend without prior approval from me.

You can read a little about us here

You could also browse this page

Anyway, if you think you fit in with our type of rider, I hope to see you at one of our days sometime.

Tony
Ride the Track!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
My R6 eats you.

Bike: 2010 Yamaha M1

Need a control rider?

NESBA A | CCS #686
///If you ride like lightning, you’re gonna crash like thunder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in