Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
View Poll Results: Are you gong to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days?
Yes 1 33.33%
No 2 66.67%
I should but I am not sure 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Bike: '07 "50th Anniversary" R6
Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days

Who is going? Hope to see some of you guys out there. It'll be my first with this Track Org. They have a NO SESSION format. It should be interesting.

Robin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Avid Enthusiast

Bike: PEARL 6
Re: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days

How do they run it if there is no session format?

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

More Info on SOCAL TRACK DAYS

Here is what I got from their Website. I can see it working. But then again, this would be my first time with them.

From the website:

"Welcome to SoCal track days. We began operations in January 2003 to provide racers and track day enthusiasts with an alternative to the standard session track day format. We believe a limited number of riders with previous track experience can have an enjoyable and safe track day using our no-session format. The goal of SoCal Track Days is to give our customers the freedom to ride as much or as little as they please and thereby maximize their individual track day experience. This format works because the limited number of riders prevents congestion on the track and experienced riders are capable of handling the additional freedom and responsibility. Safety is also enhanced because riders set their own schedule and only ride when and for as long as they like instead of rushing to ride whenever “their group” is up. The results are self evident; since SoCal Track Days inception the vast majority of our events sell out in advance and during a typical weekend very little time is lost due to crashes. So, if you’ve spent the time, effort, and money to reach a higher level of riding proficiency and want to step up to a track day program that recognizes your accomplishments, come see us at SoCal Track Days."

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

I'm not going on the 7th - have a wedding to go to that weekend - but I've ridden with them before.

If you're comfortable on the track and not squeamish about getting passed, the no session format is freakin' awesome. It's basically just an open track all day, and you get on and off as you please (barring red flags and a lunch break).
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 11:47 AM
#becausemotorcycles

Bike: 2014 Matte Grey
Send a message via AIM to Dominguez46

Hmm, that sounds interesting (no session format) and yeah I suppose if your at least a medium or B level rider then your pretty much good to go I would imagine.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to see how you like it. I'll be at Buttonwillow myself that day. Have a good time.

"I tell myself if I dont win races, I can't keep my keychains" - Ben Spies

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

When I went with SoCal, it was only my 2nd trackday, and firmly a group C rider (which I still am, but we'll see how I do at Fontana this weekend
) and it was fine for me. I had my friend along who's pretty fast and usually rides in A, and he basically said just make sure you hold you're line and keep a cool head and you'll be fine.

I actually really liked riding around with the fast guys, as it's much easier to pick up on their lines when you're out on the track with them as opposed to watching from the pits.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

I don't have any problem being passed or passing another rider (inside or outside) so it sounds like a good time. I usually run on B group and would usually pass most of B grouper unless they are just sandbagging and should really be in A or are control riders. I think it is easier when you are in a faster group as the flow of the track is much better. I guess I just need to bring more gas! LOL.

It is much better riding with faster guys because you can pick up their lines. As any track junkie knows, it's not about dragging knees but rather the proper lines (race and passing). Dragging knees is just collateral! LOL.

Robin

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Bump

Anyone here going to CVR? I hope it is not as hot like it was today.

Robin

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Guess no one from here is going. I am glad that it got cooler. Bike is on the truck and ready to roll. Hope to see some of you out there. I love this track.

Robin

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 R6 track bike

ill be going oct 8th, same track, same group. how was it for you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in