Can I pull a few fuses? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats my money.

Bike: '09 R6
Can I pull a few fuses?

Have a TD this Saturday. Figured some of you might know the answer to this question right away.

Can I pull one or more fuses to cut power to my headlights, all signals, and plate light? Thanks much...

'09 - Carbon/matte-white wrap, BAUCE Racing ECU Flash, Dyno tuned (each cylinder), Brembo 19x18 Master Cylinder, Pazzo clutch/brembo replacement levers, AGGs tygon reservoir tubing front/rear, Woodcraft Clip-ons/Renthal Grips, Motion Pro Throttle Kit, EBC Front/Rear Contour XC Rotors, Front/Rear Galfer lines, Bohemian Rearsets, Scotts Damper, Arrow Race headers, Akrapovic titanium slip-on/ CF heat shields, PCV, K&N air filter, Supersprox-Stealth Sprockets(-1/+1), EK MVXZ 520 Chain, Healtech Glpro-X, Michelin Power Cups, AGG block-offs, AIS/CharcoalCan/Exup-Servo DELETE, Puig screen, GB Racing Case Covers(Ignition, Stator, Clutch), JPR Performance keyless gas cap, XT-Racing Mini Lap, Shorai battery, Greggs flushmounts, Stomp grips, Smoke hotbodies tail, Targa rear seat cowl, Graves brake return spring, HT Moto seat covers, BiXenon Projector Kit, Engine Ice, Motul 300v, Sliders, Leo Vince Dion Device.

Gear: AGV Pista GP, Arlen Ness Kangaroo suit/GP Gloves, AS Super Techs

Build Thread: Akrapovic Undertail...to Dual R1 Undertail
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM
It's pronounced "Tollz"

Bike: 2007 R6, 2009 DRZ400SM
Send a message via AIM to JTolles
Re: Can I pull a few fuses?

Unplug them. The headlights are the little blue connectors below the dust cap. Super easy to get to.

The brake is the only other thing you need to disconect. Just look under the rear seat for the connector

Sig by Joe

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTolles View Post
Unplug them. The headlights are the little blue connectors below the dust cap. Super easy to get to.

The brake is the only other thing you need to disconect. Just look under the rear seat for the connector
Thanks. Yea, I know I can take the headlights out. Was just curious if there was a fuse I could get to easily that would solve this issue. Guess I'll just pull everything if I don't get a response on this.

'09 - Carbon/matte-white wrap, BAUCE Racing ECU Flash, Dyno tuned (each cylinder), Brembo 19x18 Master Cylinder, Pazzo clutch/brembo replacement levers, AGGs tygon reservoir tubing front/rear, Woodcraft Clip-ons/Renthal Grips, Motion Pro Throttle Kit, EBC Front/Rear Contour XC Rotors, Front/Rear Galfer lines, Bohemian Rearsets, Scotts Damper, Arrow Race headers, Akrapovic titanium slip-on/ CF heat shields, PCV, K&N air filter, Supersprox-Stealth Sprockets(-1/+1), EK MVXZ 520 Chain, Healtech Glpro-X, Michelin Power Cups, AGG block-offs, AIS/CharcoalCan/Exup-Servo DELETE, Puig screen, GB Racing Case Covers(Ignition, Stator, Clutch), JPR Performance keyless gas cap, XT-Racing Mini Lap, Shorai battery, Greggs flushmounts, Stomp grips, Smoke hotbodies tail, Targa rear seat cowl, Graves brake return spring, HT Moto seat covers, BiXenon Projector Kit, Engine Ice, Motul 300v, Sliders, Leo Vince Dion Device.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:42 PM

yes, you can pull the fuses. there are 2 separate fuses. 1 for the headlight. 1 for the rear. the fuse box is labeled. i believe 1 is headlight and 1 is signals
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
yes, you can pull the fuses. there are 2 separate fuses. 1 for the headlight. 1 for the rear. the fuse box is labeled. i believe 1 is headlight and 1 is signals
You da man!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Happen to know where this fuse box is located??

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:20 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2005 R6

Being as I had the same questions as you last season... I just searched and found this below; it looks like it will be in the same place as my year, left side up front...

Sherry
*2005 Yamaha R6 (street)
*2008 Yamaha R6 (race)
*2010 Yamaha WR250X (super moto)
*2004 Yamaha Zuma (pit bike)
*2005 Yamaha TTR230 (dirt)
*2007 Honda CRF150rb (dirt)
WERA #127
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh6 View Post
You da man!
Happen to know where this fuse box is located??

under the panel under the left handlebar. i believe its called ram air cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in