Best place to find track plastics - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Look But Don't Touch

Bike: 2007 R6s
Question Best place to find track plastics

probly been a thread before but i couldnt find it...what companies do you guys recommend for track plastics. looking to make the transition in a few months and want to do my home work..the only one i found on here was armour bodies...any other companies...thanks in advance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Courtesy of GIJoe007

-Yoshimura Slip-on
-K&N Air Filter
-Blue Fairing Electropods
-Blue Audi LED's
-Ohlins Steering Damper
-Harris Gel Grips
-Smoked Integrated Brake Light
-ASV Shorty Levers
-Custom Carbon Fiber R6 Stickers
-Pirelli Diablo Rosso Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 AM
track is legal heroin

Bike: 03 R6
Re: Best place to find track plastics

well if you have the cash, shark skinz are the favorite ive seen. armour bodies is kinda controversal. some ppl swear by em as others say only skinz. i personally have a set of gp composites. no real experience with the others since mine have been amazing. great fitment. i got them used with 3 seasons on them. nothing major. i had a minor lowside around 40 in practice. lower got scratched paint after about a 200ft slide and into the kitty litter. no cracks, barely wore past the paint. resprayed and you can barely tell. i have some pics somewhere ill try to find. i know there are alot of sets new and used very fairly priced in the f/s section. other then that google is your best friend. stay away from "ebay" sets. a guy showed up to the last race with a set. he wrecked and they literaly shattered. said he paid 550 for the set. just make sure that you look at the holding capacity for the belly pan. im not sure if its for all leagues but mine says that the pan must hold 115% of your engine oil capacity. and welcome. the track bug bites hard
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Optimal Racing.. $345 for the set. That's what I'm gonna go with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Look But Don't Touch

Bike: 2007 R6s

thx for the feedback, hey chief im in ny so hopefully i'll see you in nj @ a trackday soon..im falling out of love wit street like a girlfriend who put on 200 lbs..

Courtesy of GIJoe007

-Yoshimura Slip-on
-K&N Air Filter
-Blue Fairing Electropods
-Blue Audi LED's
-Ohlins Steering Damper
-Harris Gel Grips
-Smoked Integrated Brake Light
-ASV Shorty Levers
-Custom Carbon Fiber R6 Stickers
-Pirelli Diablo Rosso Tires
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshR6s View Post
thx for the feedback, hey chief im in ny so hopefully i'll see you in nj @ a trackday soon..im falling out of love wit street like a girlfriend who put on 200 lbs..

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me too bro. I had a GF once who put on a bunch of weight. Needless to say, it didn't work out.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lemme know if you are gonna try and come down to NJMP. I'll be there on may 21-22 and most likely MAy 7 also.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in