Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days - Pics and Video - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Bike: '07 "50th Anniversary" R6
Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days - Pics and Video

(Moved...copied really...from the General Section)

I went to Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with Socal Track Days and it was better than I expected. I thought more crashes would happen due to the no session format. Saw one yellow and one red flag all day. Here is a video when it got red flagged. First time with a GoPro (borrowed a friend's) and I am definitely not good with video editing. I was going to do some hot laps so I was just trying to ensure that my tires were warm enough on the first lap. Anyway, like everyone here, I am still learning this great sport we all love.
Don’t mind the music. I am Asian…
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Turn 10. I really need to work on my body position.

The BOWL. I love this place. Drag knees going over 100 mph. The more you crank on the throttle, the more it pulls you in.

Notice the knee pucks? I need new ones! The velcro is coming off!

And finally, this just shows you how hot it was. Never seen it before until this day. And I've had my iPhone for a few years now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Track Whore

Bike: 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6 Raven
Re: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway May 7th With Socal Track Days - Pics and Video

Looks like you had a blast! Cali's weather was pretty hot this week.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Yes I did. I put about 150 miles from 0900 to about 1400. The no session format is AWESOME! I decided to pack up early because it was too hot.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Track Only!

Bike: R6 Track Beast

Nice... those are some great shots.

06 R6 #91 -

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. ” -Mario Andretti
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Hanging in there.

Bike: 2010 Yamaha YZF-R6

Wow. nice vid and pics. I wish I had the dough to fork over to do a trackday.

2010 Yamaha YZF-R6/Pearl White:
KryptonBulbs "Angel Eyes" Projectors
ZG Dark Smoke Double Bubble
Shogun Frame Sliders
LE White Pazzo Levers
LE Driven D3 Grips White
Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail light
Fender Eliminator
Flush turn signals
K&N Air filter
(its coming along
)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Thanks. I am actually going back in two weeks May 27th with TrackDaz.

Robin

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Jesus Reigns

Bike: 2009 R6s

Chuck Walla's where they ran the 2011 liter bikes in the Motorcycle-usa.com shootout

Shogun cut sliders
Graves fender eliminator
Motodynamic integrated taillights
Hotbodies Flushmounts
6000k Luminics Pure Blue headlights
SpeedoDRD
BMC Air Filter
Powercommander III
Level One Racing exhaust
Custom powercommander map

ASV Levers

We'll sing until the whole world hears

Praise the Father, praise the Son.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Derp

Bike: 2007 R6

That'd be an awesome track to go to.

STT SOUTHERN DIVISION STAFF

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

It is definitely an awesome track. Chuckwalla and SMMR at Pahrump NV are my two favorites.

Robin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in