Startin out - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
R-SEX

Bike: 06 R6
Startin out

What up, what up! Alright so I have only been riding for a year now and I want to get on a track! Do I... Just get out there and re-learn how to ride on a track or should i go to a class? If a class is what I should do can some one point me in the right direction as far as a good school to look into. I live in Kinston N.C. so closer would be best, but I will travel. Im looking to take this as far as I can so Im very serious about what Im doing. I want to do it right the first time. Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM
My R6 eats you.

Bike: 2010 Yamaha M1
Re: Startin out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMckool View Post
What up, what up! Alright so I have only been riding for a year now and I want to get on a track! Do I... Just get out there and re-learn how to ride on a track or should i go to a class? If a class is what I should do can some one point me in the right direction as far as a good school to look into. I live in Kinston N.C. so closer would be best, but I will travel. Im looking to take this as far as I can so Im very serious about what Im doing. I want to do it right the first time. Thanks for all the help.
I was riding less than a year when I first hit the track. Most track organizations have instructors there to help you, they are also broken into classes so you won't be out there with the fast guys. Schools are a great way to get started too if you have the money; I've never done one but have heard great things about the YCRS. I'd suggest joining an org like NESBA, buy a day, and get out there.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NESBA A | CCS #686
///If you ride like lightning, you’re gonna crash like thunder.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 PM

Bike: '12 R6

Good stuff man, in short, imo you definitely need to take a basic course your first time (not necessarily a school). Riding track is a completely different world and you need to educate yourself on riding techniques, track rules, etc. You don't want to develop bad habits right off the get go + you won't get far if you just go out on your own without understanding how your bike works on the track, body position...

Try to find an organisation that offer free basic classes so you can get a good start on the track & don't be shy to ask for help from the instructors on track. Then from there, you can continue to find all kinds of info on track riding online. Check out Twist of the wrist II DVD for a lot of good info.

Good luck on your start, you'll have a blast!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
R-SEX

Bike: 06 R6

Hey guys thanx a lot!!!! I like what Im hearing, I will def look into all of yalls suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in