Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Planning on doing my first track day

3K views 55 replies 9 participants last post by  Mikey R6 
#1 ·
So I'm planning on doing my first track day on July 26th and I don't want to run my street setup on the track. Do you guys know any place that I can pick up a set of track body work that's not to harsh on the pocket book? Or if a member has a extra set they wanna get rid of let menonow how much. Iv searched all over Cali and NV for track bodywork on craigslist but came back with nothing. Any help would be great
Thanks

#9 ·
You dont have to risk it, just dont fcukin crash. You most likely wont crash your first day anyways...*cough*SCOTT*cough*

It will change your riding and your outlook...and the contents of your wallet...and maybe your priorities...:laugh

#52 ·
I bought a set of used fiberglass from someone off of WERA's classifieds section for $240 shipped. I bought them as an "insurance policy", specifically for track days, as I figured $240 was less expensive than any single piece of OEM stuff.

I removed the decals and painted all four pieces with a can of flat black rattle can spray paint that I already had. I did not worry about trying to repair the handful of cracks/breaks. My surface prep also just consisted of scratching the surface with a 3M Scothbrite pad and then washing them. The white "graphics" on the side are compliments of my son.

If you need a number for identification, I just stuck a piece of white vinyl on the OEM windscreen and stuck a number on it.

$240 was worth it to me, but to each their own.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.