Heading to Loudon with TTD July 25-26 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Go faster!

Bike: 2003 R6 and 2000 VFR
Heading to Loudon with TTD July 25-26

I'm finally getting back to the track after a little road spill that has kept me off my bikes for a couple of months. Anyone else from NJ/NY heading up to Loudon with Tonystrackdays in 2 weeks? I'd eventually like to set up alternating trailer sharing... Basically so we can swap track bike hauling duties and be able to ride our road bikes up there. Best of both worlds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Heading to Loudon with TTD July 25-26

Loudon is one of my favorite tracks
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, am sure you'll love it, just be ready for a few "bumps"

<--- see avatar....at the gravity bowl last year with BOMO

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
Loudon is one of my favorite tracks
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, am sure you'll love it, just be ready for a few "bumps"

<--- see avatar....at the gravity bowl last year with BOMO
Really LOUDON a favorite? i was there on the 26th had a good time with the weather and TTD do an alright job with everythingl. SOOOOO much track time but I wouldnt say the track is all that great. I guess I just perfer a track that flows a lil more... Will deffinitely be back to Loudon though... Really only cause its the cloest track to me. Can't wait to get back down south.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 PM
AFM #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi1knc0okies View Post
Really LOUDON a favorite? i was there on the 26th had a good time with the weather and TTD do an alright job with everythingl. SOOOOO much track time but I wouldnt say the track is all that great. I guess I just perfer a track that flows a lil more... Will deffinitely be back to Loudon though... Really only cause its the cloest track to me. Can't wait to get back down south.

I love the tight turns and the gravity bowl, dont really like fast straights and low speed turns, but really like flowing corners in succession.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I love the tight turns and the gravity bowl, dont really like fast straights and low speed turns, but really like flowing corners in succession.
The only turns that flow are 1, 1a, and 2.. other than that the track is all tight turns besides 6(the bowl).. The only line through 10 is inches away from the wall cause it so bumpy. High siding in 4 is an almost regular event from what I hear. Next time I'm there I'm sure I'll have more fun since I know the track a lil better but it will never be a favoirte. Deffinitely very technical! I gotta get down to NJ next.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
AFM #327

I only did two days at Loudon, second in mid intermediate pace. There's not a whole lot of tracks that I've ridden, but do like it a lot inspite of all the bumps. And for the turn 10, one of my fav parts especially coz its close to the edge and if you loose it there, you are in a world of hurt.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I only did two days at Loudon, second in mid intermediate pace. There's not a whole lot of tracks that I've ridden, but do like it a lot inspite of all the bumps. And for the turn 10, one of my fav parts especially coz its close to the edge and if you loose it there, you are in a world of hurt.
The line through 10 isn't that bad I dodged the bump and hit the smooth line with a mile to spare from the wall. The track deffinitely does have some fun parts its just not my favoirte. For the price there are deffinitely some better tracks down south. Road Atlanta depending on what group you ride with is a similar price to NHMS but you get way more track and a lil better facilities.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 AM
ttd

Hey all... Tony from TTD here!

I am glad you felt you got "Sooo much track time".

We do try hard to run a tight ship and keep you on track for as long as your legs can stand it.

As for the track, it is definitely one that grows on you. Done correctly, you will get a "flow" going.

As for Turn 4 and a lot of highsides...that is true. But it's only true if you are off line and doing what we tell everyone not to do. (apply throttle at the same time you are increasing lean angle)

Give it a couple of more days, and be sure to hook up with an instructor, and I think it will grow on you.

Tony
Ride the Track!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Go faster!

Bike: 2003 R6 and 2000 VFR

Are you guys heading back up to Loudon for the TTD 3-day event in two weeks? (August 16,17,18). I don't know if I'll be able to do all three but I'd definitively like to get another one or two in... get all my technical skills back up to speed for the NJMP days in September.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 PM
ttd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuppi View Post
Are you guys heading back up to Loudon for the TTD 3-day event in two weeks? (August 16,17,18). I don't know if I'll be able to do all three but I'd definitively like to get another one or two in... get all my technical skills back up to speed for the NJMP days in September.
Ya gotta at least do two days!

That's the whole reason we started doing back to back trackdays... more time on track = less time travelling back and forth to the track.

Tony
Ride the Track!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in