german racer: where can I find info about track racing in the us? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: R6 Rj15
german racer: where can I find info about track racing in the us?

Hi,

my name is Chris, 23years old and I'm from germany.
I hope this is the correct section for such a question.

Next year I will be in the US for an internship. It will take at least 6months. Too long to go without racing
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In germany I try to race in a national championship with a stock R6.

I would like to check out some american tracks. Maybe a small championship too?
So where I can find information about that topic?
Tracks, costs, championships, licence and reglementation?

Me racing at the Lausitzring

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Last edited by Kampfschlumpf-Racing; 07-15-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 10:10 AM
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J
Re: german racer: where can I find info about track racing in the us?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I <3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Hey Chris, where in the US will you be? We'll be able to point you at specific tracks and organizations once we know that.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Hey Chris, where in the US will you be? We'll be able to point you at specific tracks and organizations once we know that.
+1

Translated link to the blog posted. VERY interesting to read!!!

3rd place podium finish!!

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

@chief

Thx a lot!

It's not 100% sure, but at the moment I hope to stay in San Diego.
Are there any racetracks close to San Diego?
I just know about Laguna Seca, but I heard that there are not many possibilities for normal racers to go on that track?!?

Unfortunately the ama registration is not free. Is there a possibility to get basic infos for free?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfschlumpf-Racing View Post
It's not 100% sure, but at the moment I hope to stay in San Diego.
Are there any racetracks close to San Diego?
You are in luck, there's a ton of race tracks in Southern California. The closest tracks will be Auto Club Speedway, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway, and Willow Springs Raceway.

I know Chuckwalla and Willow Springs have their own race organizations.

for Willow Springs
and

for Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.

I know there's amateur racing at Auto Club - I've done track days there and the instructors have talked about racing there, but I don't know what organization it's through.

Also in the area are Buttonwillow Raceway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Pahrump, Laguna Seca and Infineon. They're all a little further away, and I don't know much about racing at them.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Meh

After a quick search, I found that WERA runs at Auto Club, Buttonwillow and Las Vegas.

Hopefully it works out for you! Are you going to ship your bike out here, or try to find a ride once you get out to the States?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Great links! Thanks Fallis
Now I have sth. to work with.

My plan is to sell my bike here and get another R6 in the US. Otherwise it's too complicated and expensive.
Race tires, fairing plus some small details and the R6 is ready to race
May be just the Íhlins shock will be in my baggage

Hope to check out some american tracks next year

Best wishes

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:55 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 R6 Race

Awesome video... each lap you totally stuffed that 1000cc on the infield, but in the straights he would get you back. I love seeing back and forth battles like that.

There are plenty of resources out there to get you started on the right track and it shouldn't be hard for you to come across a decent race bike in Cali. Good luck man, it's always cool to hear these kinds of stories.

-Jes CRA #426E
Bell Helmets, AXO, Leatt, Dunlop
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

wera.com All the rest are wannabes

Say What??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in