Finished my first track day!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Track Whore

Bike: 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6 Raven
Finished my first track day!!

I did my first track day last Friday (7/15/11) at Streets of Willow Springs. I must say, it was a huge experience on my first track day. There so many generous people out there on the track to help out, give advice, and answer my questions.

I took the New Rider School in Group C and my instructor told me I'm hauling ass out there, knowing when to pass or not, and follow exactly the race line. There are a few mistakes on my riding abilities, but I manage to overcome them by the 4-6 sessions. Overall, a very great experience!!

I don't photos of myself during track day because CaliPhotography is processing my order, but it should be done by a couple days.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now I'm part of the newest addiction. I already reserve a spot for my second track day at Willow Springs for this upcoming Sunday
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff
Re: Finished my first track day!!

Nice! I might be there on Sunday too. Trying to work out some bike transportation right now.

Big Willow is a much different experience than Streets. Only 9 turns and they are FAST.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Love To Ride!!

Bike: 2008 Raven R6S

Very nice. I don't like streets myself. Big Willow is cool but it's a bit boring to me. CWVR is awesome, I haven't done Buttonwillow or Auto Club Speedway but I here they're awesome.

Welcome to the adiction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Y(o_o)Y

Bike: 05' R6

Very nice! It definitely gets addicting on the track. And sweet video too

2005 R6 l Track

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

very nice, remember, there's no trophies. Work on one thing at a time.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Track Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Nice! I might be there on Sunday too. Trying to work out some bike transportation right now.

Big Willow is a much different experience than Streets. Only 9 turns and they are FAST.
Cool! I'm definitely there for Sunday. I'm going to take it slow during my first session since I haven't experience Big Willow yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban3jumper View Post
Very nice. I don't like streets myself. Big Willow is cool but it's a bit boring to me. CWVR is awesome, I haven't done Buttonwillow or Auto Club Speedway but I here they're awesome.

Welcome to the adiction.
I kinda like Streets, but I haven't experience other track places. I heard Chuckwalla is amazing. Probably my next track event during winter season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 Studio View Post
Very nice! It definitely gets addicting on the track. And sweet video too
Thanks! Yes, definitely addicting especially after your first event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
very nice, remember, there's no trophies. Work on one thing at a time.
Thank you sir! Yes, I'm well aware of that. I'm working slowly with my body positioning and leaning. There's no need to kneedrag yet, but only time will come.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Obama MUST go!!!

Bike: 09 R6 orange, 12 Panigale

Awesome man nice video. I've been trying to get a few things for the bike and some money together to go for my first time as well. What class did you take, and how much was it????
lol ditch the key chain looks like its doing a number on your triple tree(I could be wrong).
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Track Whore

Thanks! It was a new rider school for first time track riders. I think it was $30 additional fee. You get to learn one on one with an instructor. The instructors help you develop your skills quickly depending on the person. He'll watch you from behind how well you do.

Nah, it's not doing anything to the triple tree. It's just a rubber piece key chain.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Adrenaline Junkie

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven

Awesome vid man! I've been thinking of getting out to do a TD too but I just don't have the $$ yet. Where in LA are you located?

05 Raven

Mods:
Yoshi TRS Carbon Fiber Slip-on
K&N Air Filter
Power Commander PCIII
5000k HIDs
Black Shorty Levers
Black rear sets
Black passenger pegs
Black gas cap
Rear solo cowl
Dark smoke windscreen
Fender eliminator kit
Flush mount front signals
Integrated rear turn signals
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Whore

Thanks! I live in El Monte, but you should do your track day asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in