Buttonwillow Raceway VIDS - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Bike: '07 "50th Anniversary" R6
Buttonwillow Raceway VIDS

Just from this past weekend. Track is not as nice but the people I went with was AWESOME. And it's a trackday so I aint complainng. Still learning shift points, braking points et all on this track....hence not as smooth as I would like but that is all the learning curve to this sport of ours. No braking markers or apex markers unlike CVR. No editing skills so you get RAW VIDEO. And don't mind me in TURN 2...I am slow there coz it is special to me, LOL. I present to you....BUMPYWILLOW! Enjoy

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Robinson75; 07-19-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius
Re: Buttonwillow Raceway VIDS

That track is fun, but the front half pavement sucks... I love the wheelie bumps and the riverbend or whatever that corner is. The esses are kind of fun too. Good shit man, I still need to hit CVR.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Come on out to CVR. Great Track.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson75 View Post
Come on out to CVR. Great Track.
Ive heard, its just a bit of a trek from Sacramento. BW is almost 4 hours....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Here's another..

Last edited by Robinson75; 07-19-2011 at 03:59 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Track Whore

Bike: 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6 Raven

Good stuff Rob! I was going to do Buttonwillow with TrackTastics since they did the promotion for $85, but end up going to Big Willow with Motoyard. I heard it's a bumpy track. I'm hoping to do Chuckwalla in winter.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Thanks. I try to stay away from BW because the track is in horrible condition and yes it is very bumpy right at turn 3 and 4 then again right before Riverside (the sweeper). But with great people, it was a good time nonetheless. I've been to Big Willow but I did not like it at all. For liter bikes, yes but for our 600 is really not as fun of a track. Fast speed and balls out is what I think every time someone says Big Willow. Button is fun if you've been there and know the track well.

I suggest definitely going to CVR. Well worth your money. Since you've ridden the track already, try Socal Track Riders. Open session but I must warn you that there will be racers that would zoom by you. I run a comfortable pace and some folks still ZOOM by me during trackdays and usually they are just sanbaggers. But SOCAL is an open session so there will be some REALLY fast riders on there with full professional setup.

I am not very good with editing videos. This old man is outdated. Here is a video I TRIED to add music to and change it up a bit. Tell me what you think.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Lifetime Premium

Awesome man...I have been watching you progress while I am deployed lol. Keep the vids coming and I like the camera angle you used. Oh, the editing wasn't that bad at all.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
TRAVELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
Awesome man...I have been watching you progress while I am deployed lol. Keep the vids coming and I like the camera angle you used. Oh, the editing wasn't that bad at all.
So, you've been watching me! LOL. Thanks. Which branch? I am pretty sure they are pulling you out of there soon, when is the question. Where are you stationed at?

Well I've got a few more TD scheduled for this year. I found a couple of angles I am going to mount my GoPro at. Stay safe out there Brother. If you are in San Diego, hit me up for a TD or two. I am always down for one.

Robin

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

I am in the AF deployed with the Army right now. I am stationed at Wright Pat, Ohio. I had plans to go to the Mid Ohio track this summer since I have never been, but that can cancelled for obvious reasons.

I wish I was near CA, it looks like you guys have all the fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in