Clutch hand gets sore - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Clutch hand gets sore

Hey everyone,

After I got a flat tire and didn't ride for 3 weeks, My clutch hand gets really tired and sore easily now. Even after a few days off it feels better but then my hand starts to get sore again near the end of the rides.

Not sure why this is happening. I also had that whole clutch cable freeplay thread about how I adjusted the clutch freeplay from the right engine clutch case side wrong, but I'm pretty sure I adjusted it back correctly. Could I have done something wrong to the clutch cable and made the clutch lever stiffer without me knowing now?

Sorry if this thread sounds stupid....lol

Chris
06 GSXR 750
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Yeah Science!

Re: Clutch hand gets sore

Bump

Chris
06 GSXR 750
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

idk man my roommate had a problem with his hand but it was throttle hand i believe and he had broken that hand twice. Are you using anything different like gloves and such? I didnt ride for about a year and a half after getting rid of my GSXR and then when i got my R6 all my shit was sore. It could just be that your muscles in your hand werent used like that and when u started riding again u started working them out kinda like when u stop going to the gym for a while and then hit it back up? i honestly dont know i just thought id at least try to help lol

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

When is the last time you cleaned/lubed the clutch cable? I notice it's significantly easier to pull after cleaning and lubricating the cable and clutch lever pivot.

You could also try loosening where the perch clamps to the clip-on and rotating it and see if you can find a more comfortable position.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Yeah Science!

I got the bike at the end of June, so not sure when the last time it was lubricated. The angle is fine though. Hopefully it's not too stiff because I did something wrong with the clutch cable adjustements on the right engine side awhile back. It disengages and engages fine.

Chris
06 GSXR 750
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:33 PM
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Say What??
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 04:36 PM
The guy your mother loves

Bike: 2008 silver R6

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drop a gear and dissapear.
There is no honor among theives.
A tounge weighs virtually nothing, but few can hold it.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Moderator Narcissist

Bike: 2009 White R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post

This...

Nah seriously...my right elbow gets sore after a few hours on the bike. Dunno why, but I deal with it... :shrug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '08 R6s

Relax. Ease off the death grip on the bars. Squeeze the tank with your knees more. Do the chicken wing dance once in awhile to remind yourself to loosen up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Yeah Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finest View Post
Relax. Ease off the death grip on the bars. Squeeze the tank with your knees more. Do the chicken wing dance once in awhile to remind yourself to loosen up.
Yep I actually do do that chicken wing thing to remind me. I don't have death grips on the clip ons.

Not sure if I messed up something in the clutch cable adjustments at the right engine side, or if my left hand is just not use to it.

Chris
06 GSXR 750
08 Track R6 RIP
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in