tech check? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 03 Yamaha R6
tech check?

what do the techs check on your bikes before they approve it so i know mine is good to go once i take it for the first time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Super Mod

Bike: 05 R6
Send a message via AIM to mx3TT
Re: tech check?

Any leaks is the main part. Brake Pads, tire life, anything loose that can fly off, throttle return, and chain slack.

And really you should check it over yourself. You need to know your machine is top notch when you are out there. You dont want to be worrying about old brake pads or tires that might not be up to the job or a small oil leak that can get worse at any time. There are some seriously shitty looking bikes in the paddock, but I can assure you they dont leak and everything is either zip tied or safety wired into place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RED 2005 R6
Racefit Growler - Solo Exhaust Bracket - Lockhart Phillips No Cut Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders - Lockhart Phillips Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders - Puig Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen - Pirelli Diablo DRC - BMC Air Filter - Shift Shaft Support - Dyno Jet Power Commander 3 USB - Yamaha Factory Seat Cowl - Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer - Graves Slide Stops - 520 Conversion(-1,+2) AFAM/DIDERV3 - Graves Smog Block Off Plates - Speedo Healer - GPR Steering Damper - Dyno Jet Quick Shifter
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

tech at a track day, or at an inspection place?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 03 Yamaha R6

tech at a track day
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

our guys check the throttle slack, brake, clutch, sliders (if applicable) for being installed securely, both pegs, shifter lever, rear brake pedal, and chain slack. they also look at your tires. and if you're in street body, they make sure things are taped up correctly, and then do a look-over at your lid to make sure it aint beat to crap.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Derp

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg2001 View Post
our guys check the throttle slack, brake, clutch, sliders (if applicable) for being installed securely, both pegs, shifter lever, rear brake pedal, and chain slack. they also look at your tires. and if you're in street body, they make sure things are taped up correctly, and then do a look-over at your lid to make sure it aint beat to crap.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All this....

And make sure you have water-wetter or water for coolant.

STT SOUTHERN DIVISION STAFF

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Check the web site for the track day org.

None of the orgs I've run with in the SoCal area have required water-only for coolant.

If you're coming out to Auto Club, here's the stuff I remember Fastrack checking:
All your controls, pegs, sliders, fairings need to be working and well mounted. You need to have good tire tread. You're chain needs to be in good shape and have the proper amount of slack.

All lights, reflectors and wheel weights need to be taped up. Everyone forgets to do the wheel weights.

You need to have a 1 piece or 2 piece suit with full circumference zipper. You need to have a back protector. (Never been checked on the back protector.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in