First time with Sharkskinz - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Fat + S = Fast

Bike: '11 YZF-R6 '07 SV650S
Send a message via AIM to XRayHound Send a message via Yahoo to XRayHound Send a message via Skype™ to XRayHound
First time with Sharkskinz

I'm about to buy my first set of race bodywork. Yay for busted cherries
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have an '05, can anyone who's run Sharkskinz on a 2nd gen tell me if I need to keep any OEM parts in order to hook up my ram air ducts? Or if there's any OEM bits I need to keep period in order to mount everything properly?

I can see through... GLASS!!!

2005 maimed and dissected YZF-R6 trackbike "Callista Atropos Onyx"
1995 AVUSblau BMW ///M3 "Reika"
2011 YZF-R6 of rebirth "Callista Persephone Onyx"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sharkskins are like having rizoma.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Avid Enthusiast

Bike: PEARL 6
Re: First time with Sharkskinz

About to buy, huh? I know somebody....
Just sayin'

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 04:08 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D DEEZY View Post
About to buy, huh? I know somebody....
Just sayin'
You know somebody.....?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Avid Enthusiast

Bike: PEARL 6

Indeed

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Fat + S = Fast

Send a message via AIM to XRayHound Send a message via Yahoo to XRayHound Send a message via Skype™ to XRayHound

That's all fascinating but I really need to know about the technical shit I asked about before I ship my headlights out

I'm getting a complete painted set for $NOTMUCH, and no I'm not telling you where.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6

Based on my '07.

Going to need the ram air tubes up to the plastic nose. Also a few of the screws that mount to the frame, mirror screws and maybe clips in the tail.

I'm going to go feel rich now...eventhough my Sharkskinz look like a homeless person lived in them for 6 months.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:10 AM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed

It's a track bike... Make sure it's not falling off, then ride the shit out of it.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I have Sharkskinz off a 2002 R6. Make me an offer, or willing to trade if you have oem red fairings.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Fat + S = Fast

Posted this in Respect but I'm kinda having an OCD fit over it so I'm doubling up, lower doesn't have the vents like the ones they show on their website, are they old or is he messing with me or what? I gotta know before I ship my headlights off, shiz is bothering me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in