My 04 track bike build - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
My R6 gets me.

Bike: 2004 R6 SOLD, 09 R6r
My 04 track bike build

Hey guys so im doing my first track day this year so iv been working on this build for a total of about 4 months or so off and on. well ill start from the beginning with what i started out with and go from there. as i do more things ill ad to the thread. enjoy

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mikey R6; 02-23-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 06:25 AM
bleed Yami

Bike: 06 R6(track), 10 Z1000
Re: My 04 track bike build

Nice work.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 AM
zomething different

Bike: 07 R6s

sick! is that carbon fiber on the tank 3m vinyl?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...if i don't make it home today, god bless. dot cheers

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Meh

Bike: 05 R6, and other stuff

Is that the MJS can?

How'd you go about painting the tank?

The pics of it sleeping are the garage are just precious.
Seriously though, someone knock it over or something?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
My R6 gets me.

Yah it's 3M "3d" carbon vynal. The stuff is pretty easy to work with just a heat gun and work little by little. As for the exhaust it's a danmoto I read a lot of reviews about it. It's just like the LOR but a fraction of the price. It sounds really good and I have the PCiii mapped to the LOR and seems to be running great so far. I need to get it back to street so I can really ride with it right now it's just up and down my street. And for the bike laying over its laying on my snap-on roll seat. It's laying over so I can do the belly graphics she never hit the ground and the tank had about 1/4 gal left in so I figured right now would be the best time to do it. Thanks for the positive feed back so far yah it turned out better then I thought. A lot of thanks goes to my little brother who was out there with me all the time sanding and painting and the other night till 2am laying down graphics
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Horsepower Whisperer

Bike: Girlfriend says too many!

Nice job. I'll be doing my '04 soon.
What brand body?
What else is planned?

**Current bikes**
'16 BMW S1000RR Premium
'15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR CORSA (Sex)
'06 Harley Davidson V-ROD Street Rod (#Notarealharley
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
'03 Yamaha YZF-R1
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
My R6 gets me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchsport View Post
Nice job. I'll be doing my '04 soon.
What brand body?
What else is planned?
The glass is armor bodies, the draft pan is sharkskins, windscreen is zero gravitiy, front fender is eBay. As for painted I painted the outer area of the windscreen, all the bodywork, the tank, I also did the frame covers but I didn't care for them so I went back to black. It was a fun build.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
My R6 gets me.

UPDATE: the bike is done!!... for now im sure there will be a lot more that i want to do but as of now this is how shes gonna hit the track for the first time this year i cant wait... oh and question what do you think about running BTO16 on my TD or any other recommendations?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Horsepower Whisperer

Bike: Girlfriend says too many!

Lookin' good!

Where are you planning on running this year?

I would think if you already have BT016's, and they're in good shape, you're good to go.
If I were getting DOT tires for the track, it might be 003's.

Enjoy!

**Current bikes**
'16 BMW S1000RR Premium
'15 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR CORSA (Sex)
'06 Harley Davidson V-ROD Street Rod (#Notarealharley
)
'03 Yamaha YZF-R1
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
My R6 gets me.

Well right now I'm running takeoffs but I want some new rubber for the track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in