Front gets light?? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Front gets light??

I took the military version on the Cali Superbike school so I got some training on how to corner. My question is when I get into the corner and have the bike leaned over then as I start to roll on the throttle I feel the front getting light is this because I'm riding "too high" on the bike or worst I'm giving it too much throttle? This is while riding on the street. Thanks fam
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Front gets light??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbx View Post
I took the military version on the Cali Superbike school so I got some training on how to corner. My question is when I get into the corner and have the bike leaned over then as I start to roll on the throttle I feel the front getting light is this because I'm riding "too high" on the bike or worst I'm giving it too much throttle? This is while riding on the street. Thanks fam
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It's tough to say. If you are tipping the bike up real quickly while gassing it, that'll make the front get light.

When the bike is leaned, you are on the smaller/shorter portion of the tire. When you tip up the tire gets larger and the revs drop as it tips up. It gives the bike a lot of additional acceleration with a quick tip up.

I used to get this all the time on my 02 when I first started riding. Honestly, I ride WAY faster now and it happens even less. Your technique is probably flawed. Get to a track and have someone watch you. Get pics and look em over, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
In Her Dreams

Bike: 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
Send a message via Yahoo to JayDeuce23

Someone more knowleageable than me will chime in I"m sure, but how are agressive are you with your "roll on"? Or as you mentioned you may just need to adjust BP, kiss that inside mirror and make sure you have weight forward and you should be ok......

Correct me if I"m off please crowd

Part Out Thread:

Additonal Fairings:

06 R6
MODS:PCIII; 05 Header with Leo Vince Slip On; Fren Tubo Type 3; DB Smoke Screen, Woodcraft Sliders

Love, Live, Life

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
In Her Dreams

Bike: 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
Send a message via Yahoo to JayDeuce23

Damn Ant doesn't miss a beat

Part Out Thread:

Additonal Fairings:

06 R6
MODS:PCIII; 05 Header with Leo Vince Slip On; Fren Tubo Type 3; DB Smoke Screen, Woodcraft Sliders

Love, Live, Life

"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Thanks fam. I'm going to sign up for an advance rider trackday class next month since I just picked up a used racing suit
The closest track to me is VIR and its like a 3 hr drive but i plan on making it out there sometime this summer.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeuce23 View Post
Damn Ant doesn't miss a beat

Where are you OP!? Come to NJMP!!! We'll help u out. We all take pics of each other all day. Watch each others videos and correct lines and BP. Shit, we even do a little BP clinic in the garages during the day. A couple guys holding the bike while u lean and we correct u. It does wonders!

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

I ride high all the time.... Doesnt affect my cornering at all....

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

Where are you OP!? Come to NJMP!!! We'll help u out. We all take pics of each other all day. Watch each others videos and correct lines and BP. Shit, we even do a little BP clinic in the garages during the day. A couple guys holding the bike while u lean and we correct u. It does wonders!
Carolina Coast about an hour north of J-ville, NC. Where is NJMP?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
I ride high all the time.... Doesnt affect my cornering at all....
:were: makes the lines flow bettet lol

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:25 AM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbx View Post
Carolina Coast about an hour north of J-ville, NC. Where is NJMP?
New jersey.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in