road atlanta or barber - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

road atlanta or barber

I am just trying to to decide on where to do my next trackday.
I could do barber again or try road atlanta, I do like barber, and will go there again but I would also like to try something new.

Anyone been to road atlanta? Is the track as bad as I hear it is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Never been to either, but I plan to hit both by end of the year.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Derp

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: road atlanta or barber

I love Road A. It's FAST. Can't wait to go back! I'll be doing the DiSalvo school there this year.

STT SOUTHERN DIVISION STAFF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Pause..Clarify..Dominate

Bike: 03 R6

Barber is only about an hour from my house. Cool track.

"RIDICULOUSLY LARGE IMAGES"
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Track Only!

Bike: R6 Track Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramm View Post
I love Road A. It's FAST. Can't wait to go back! I'll be doing the DiSalvo school there this year.
I always ride barber cause I'm so close. But I agree with Ramm... I can't wait to do Road Atl again. Its an awesome crazy fast track. Who you doing it with? And when?

06 R6 #91 -

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. ” -Mario Andretti
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

[QUOTE I can't wait to do Road Atl again. Its an awesome crazy fast track. Who you doing it with? And when?[/QUOTE]

I am looking at going with Nesba on 6/23 6/24.
When you say crazy fast, is there any part of Barber or VIR full that is close to the same type of pace? I like going fast but prefer technical tracks more.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Derp

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick04R6 View Post
[QUOTE I can't wait to do Road Atl again. Its an awesome crazy fast track. Who you doing it with? And when?
When you say crazy fast, is there any part of Barber or VIR full that is close to the same type of pace? I like going fast but prefer technical tracks more.[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for VIR but Barber is no where near the speeds of Road Atlanta. It is technical in a way of blind turns. The turns themselves aren't very technical...if that makes sense?

Road Atlanta (if you get a decent drive out of T7) you will top your bike out. Also, turn 1 off the front straight your suspension is under so much load it feels like your bike is going to bottom out and the G's push down on your body. Cool feeling.

STT SOUTHERN DIVISION STAFF

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

well then I guess I will have a go at RA in June, It sounds like it should be a "cool feeling"

Anyone have any R6 vids on youtube from RA?
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Track Only!

Bike: R6 Track Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramm View Post
When you say crazy fast, is there any part of Barber or VIR full that is close to the same type of pace? I like going fast but prefer technical tracks more.

Can't speak for VIR but Barber is no where near the speeds of Road Atlanta. It is technical in a way of blind turns. The turns themselves aren't very technical...if that makes sense?

Road Atlanta (if you get a decent drive out of T7) you will top your bike out. Also, turn 1 off the front straight your suspension is under so much load it feels like your bike is going to bottom out and the G's push down on your body. Cool feeling.
I like the back straight and topping the bike out. I would be doing that weekend too with NESBA. You would love road Atl. Turns 3-8 is pretty technical. Gotta get those right to flow thru with ease and quickness.

06 R6 #91 -

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. ” -Mario Andretti

Last edited by Saltman; 04-04-2012 at 06:56 AM.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

yea, like salt said... it really depends on what you're looking for. fast and loose, go road atlanta. if you want clean, smooth and technical... go barber.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oh, and some of y'all suck at quoting.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in