Anyone Race at Autobahn Country Club? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6
Anyone Race at Autobahn Country Club?

I'm located near Milwaukee and I am looking to do some track days this summer. I would go to Road America, but the only track days I can find are on Monday and Tuesdays (wtf).

So the next closest track is Autobahn Country Club. (~2.5 hours)

Do you guys like the North Track or South Track better?

Also, are there any other orgs besides Sportbiketracktime that I should look at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: Anyone Race at Autobahn Country Club?

it's well worth spending a week day at road america. it's a great track. costs are usually prohibitive for weekend events for most orgs.

never been to autobahn, but i hear it's a lot of fun. STT is pretty much the only place around for us mid-westerners this summer as NESBA has suspended their mid-west track days for 2012.

having a track that close to you is a great thing. if you get hooked on track days (you will) prepare to talk yourself into driving up to 8hrs or more for a track day. i already know what you're thinking; i never thought i would, either.

putnam park in indiana is a nice track. lots of fun. blackhawk farms is near you, too. seems like there's another one in illinois that i'm forgetting right now. you should check out STT's website, sign up for their forums and find out where their track days are at this season.

good luck!

s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
it's well worth spending a week day at road america. it's a great track. costs are usually prohibitive for weekend events for most orgs.

never been to autobahn, but i hear it's a lot of fun. STT is pretty much the only place around for us mid-westerners this summer as NESBA has suspended their mid-west track days for 2012.

having a track that close to you is a great thing. if you get hooked on track days (you will) prepare to talk yourself into driving up to 8hrs or more for a track day. i already know what you're thinking; i never thought i would, either.

putnam park in indiana is a nice track. lots of fun. blackhawk farms is near you, too. seems like there's another one in illinois that i'm forgetting right now. you should check out STT's website, sign up for their forums and find out where their track days are at this season.

good luck!

s3aturnr
Unfortunately my internship this summer may not allow for too many days off...but we'll see.

I heard Blackhawk Farms is pretty popular. It seems they host their own track days. I think I will look into those. Though most seem to be during the weekday as well.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't doubt that I will get addicted lol. If only we could do it all year round in the midwest!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
track junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
I don't doubt that I will get addicted lol. If only we could do it all year round in the midwest!
you can, you just need to be willing to travel. there are track days at barber and other tracks in the deep south almost year round...

s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
you can, you just need to be willing to travel. there are track days at barber and other tracks in the deep south almost year round...

s3aturnr
Well if everything goes to plan, I'll be moving to Arizona in 3-4 years. I'm sure they have some there lol. Where do you usually race?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 PM
track junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
Where do you usually race?
i've been to grattan and gingerman in MI, road america in WI, putnam park in IN and beaverun in PA.

we figured it out a few weeks ago that i've done more than 1000 laps at gingerman since i started doing track days a few years back...

s3aturnr

...the 3 is silent
2009 yamaha r6
WERA Expert #68
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Hmm...gingerman is 5 hours from me. Maybe someday ill visit there. And putnam is 6.

1000? Crazy ha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 04:01 PM
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

I know it's a Monday, but Road America has a trackday on Memorial Day in case you are interested. Otherwise, like you said BlackHawk Farms will have a few weekends. Those are your closest bets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in