Ballistic & Antigravity batteries - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 05 R6 street, 04 R6 track
Ballistic & Antigravity batteries

Anyone have any input as to the use of Ballistic or Antigravity lightweight batteries?

Im looking into buying one for my race bike and would like to go with the 4 cell for the extra weight savings but I'm worried about cold starts. I live in Ontario Canada and the mornings of race round 1 an 6 can get pretty cool. I can bump up to the 8 cell for only one extra pound but i guess I'm getting greedy lol

Anyone have experience or input into the situation?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI
Re: Ballistic & Antigravity batteries

I used a Ballistic 4 cell and it runs fine but their customer service isn't the best. I had a dead cell in mine and needed a new battery within 2 days for my track day and I basically had to pay for next day shipping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 AM
My R6 eats me.

Following as in similar situation as OP
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free bump.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Get an 8 cell if you're gonna have cold weather starts.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4 cells aren't enough

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Yoga Pants Connoisseur

Bike: Kobe XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Get an 8 cell if you're gonna have cold weather starts.

4 cells aren't enough
This too. I'm down in Texas so the only seasons we have is summer and hell.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Pause..Clarify..Dominate

Bike: 03 R6

8 cell all the way
Alien Motion (STAR research) 8 cells are 89.99 shipped to your door.

"RIDICULOUSLY LARGE IMAGES"
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
I went with a Moty 8 cell... For stronger starts and heard bad reviews on a lot of Ballistic batteries. Check out the Moty race batteries...

RIP Richard Bishop. You're a great friend and someone I will never forget.
MY TRACK BUILD THREAD

MY TRACK DAY THREAD

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

MY FACEBOOK

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Just another r6'er

Bike: 10 Ducati Streetfighter S

i have the motydesign one. haven't used it yet, will know in two weeks!

Streetfighter S
ASV lever - Carbon fiber tail - Carbon Fiber Undertail - Carbon Fiber Sides - Carbon fiber Tank Sides - Carbon Fiber Cowling Cover - Carbon Fiber Headlight - Rizoma Grips - Rizoma Bar End Mirrors - Rizoma Bar - Rizoma Pressure Plate - Rizoma Clutch Cover - Rizoma Under Tail - Rizoma Water Pump Slider - Rizoma axle Frame sliders - Rizoma shape sliders - Scorpio Sr-i1100 - Shift-tec Exhaust Hanger - Termigoni Exhaust

Gear
- Dainese Rebell Jacket (perf) - Dainese Delta Pro pants (perf) - Dainese Full Metal Gloves - SIDI Votice Air Boots - Nexx XR1R Carbon- Dainese wave g2 -
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Always learning...

Bike: Suzuki TL1000R,Yamaha R6

I have a ballistic 8 cell.I have read in the r1 forums that the charger they sell as their own, is in fact a IMAX-B6 with a ballistic sticker.The IMAX-B6 can be bought for ~25usd and the ballistic ~90usd.I didn't find this out in time and bought the overpriced ballistic charger.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 05 R6 street, 04 R6 track

thanks for your help guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in