El Chato's 1st trackday - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Track Only!

Bike: R6 Track Beast
El Chato's 1st trackday

Following El Chato aka GI Jose at Barber for his first trackday. He was surprisingly fast for his first day and even dragged knee. By this last session he was dragging in a couple of spots around the track and not just stretching out to touch... it was cause he was moving.

Don't pay any mind to my bad lines. Found out my rebound was way off and I desperately need my forks revalved. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also BigBallin makes a cameo appearance for half a lap.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 R6 #91 -

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. ” -Mario Andretti

Last edited by Saltman; 04-16-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Black & Yellow

Re: El Chato's 1st trackday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltman View Post
Following El Chato aka GI Jose at Barber for his first trackday. He was surprisingly fast for his first day and even dragged knee. By this last session he was dragging in a couple of spots around the track and not just stretching out to touch... it was cause he was moving.

Don't pay any mind to my bad lines. Found out my rebound was way off and I desperately need my forks revalved. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also BigBallin makes a cameo appearance for half a lap.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yea, my slow a$$!! I'm working on it... patience!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F

Sweet! I've got to get to Barber, that track looks awesome, especially that long right-hander after the straight (turn 2?).

Nice vide, glad you guys had fun out there.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 AM
liking anchovies

Bike: 2005 ZX6R

I'd be so nervous doing my first track day, don't know if I could.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 AM
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd

Yeah...I've got to get to the track

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 05:54 AM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed

Nice! One day I'll get down to barber..

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Gonna watch this video and see how ya'll get er did down there!

Saltman, did you respring and that's why you need new valves so badly? Did you sort it out? What was the indicator that led you to this conclusion?!

And +1 to what others are saying. I wanna ride Barber BAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT View Post
I'd be so nervous doing my first track day, don't know if I could.
That nervous feeling is quickly wiped away with adrenaline, excitement and sensory overload. Between the smells of race gas, the sounds of the bikes all day, and the fun it is, you will be in motorbike heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
Yeah...I've got to get to the track

Wait till you see the vids I am gonna post from this weekend. My buddy came out with his S1k. When you see this thing BLOW by every bike on the straight like a legit lunar rocket you will be signed up that night!

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Parts Pimp

Haulin ASS!!! I love all the elevation changes there. I gotta make it out there this season for real

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -NGK- -EBC- -
-
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 AM
190rwhp......:eek5

Bike: 2011 S1000RR, 97 CR500
Send a message via Yahoo to jwxfd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

Wait till you see the vids I am gonna post from this weekend. My buddy came out with his S1k. When you see this thing BLOW by every bike on the straight like a legit lunar rocket you will be signed up that night!
Looking forward to seeing it

Sent from my LG Spectrum while somewhere aside from a computer

Sig courtesy of the man himself: GIjoe007

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxfd View Post
Looking forward to seeing it

Sent from my LG Spectrum while somewhere aside from a computer
BRO, like a ****in ROCKET SHIP!

I get a 5-6 bike head start on him and he WALKS me bro. Trust me, you can't wait to see this!
:

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in