Armor bodies and woodcraft slider questions - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 Charcoal R6
Armor bodies and woodcraft slider questions

Hey, two quick questions for you guys. I just put on some armor bodies race fairings on my 2007 R6. I also bought some woodcraft frame sliders. It looks like I will have to do quite a lot of cutting to install the sliders. I also have gbracing case covers and eti tank covers.

1) Should I cut the fairings and install the sliders or just go without frame sliders? I could always sell the woodcraft sliders.

2) My tail still moves around (up and down) a lot after the install. I think I need a bolt on the top side of it to keep it stationary and not flapping in the wind. Any idea how to mark and drill this properly. Its not pre marked at all.

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Track Only!

Bike: R6 Track Beast

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

here is my bike - 2006 with ab fairings and wc sliders. not much cutting. Only about a 2" diameter hole saw needed. And tail will move still. Not completely stable but it won't go anywhere

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 R6 #91 -

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. ” -Mario Andretti
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 PM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed
Re: Armor bodies and woodcraft slider questions

As for your tail section, mine did the same thing... What I did was use the mounting hole on the subframe used for OEM fairings and I drilled a hole in the top of the tail and put a DZUS fastener through that hole. Works like a charm! I can post a picture later today if you want.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:08 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

How do you mount a tail cam if the tail flops around? An oversight during design to leave out a bolt spot at the end of the subframe so it dont flop around?

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Lifetime Premium

I just bought the Armour Bodies and all of this is good information.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
How do you mount a tail cam if the tail flops around? An oversight during design to leave out a bolt spot at the end of the subframe so it dont flop around?
I'm not sure, but my sharkskinz did the same thing.. I just kinda eyeballed it, then drilled the right size.. then put on a DZUS clip, then put the fastener in position, boom. 15 minutes.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
AFM #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post

I just bought the Armour Bodies and all of this is good information.
lol, i still need to test my set on my 08. Thinking of a TD on May 21st, so i've gotto hustle a bit.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rammy View Post
lol, i still need to test my set on my 08. Thinking of a TD on May 21st, so i've gotto hustle a bit.
I have my trackday on the 13th and my body work should be here on the
11th. Talk about hustle
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Lifetime Premium

I am thinking about ordering them ETI tank sliders...they worth it?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 01:22 PM
AFM #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
I am thinking about ordering them ETI tank sliders...they worth it?
I've seen buddahson's ETI sliders and they seem legit, better than the Traxxion stick on types.

I might get a set if I get my Z-Fi TC/QS sold along with some nice tires.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in