help! jennings? barber? experience??? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
track is legal heroin

Bike: 03 R6
help! jennings? barber? experience???

so the air force in all its knowledge has decided to put me in eglin afb and ill be showing up september ish. i have been racing with masters of the mountains in utah but now, well i guess im changing scenery haha. so im looking to see what race leagues are around that area. im willing to travel 4-5 hours to race and both those tracks are in that timespread. i know there are a few guys here from that are. i cant remember his name but i know someone has there little quote as "5 min from barber' so anyone chip in please with preferences. how much im looking to get into a race league out there, average prices for trackdays, race weekends and such.

THANKS TO

TRACKSTAR1
OGIO
NO FEAR
AND VORTEX FOR MAKING THIS YEAR POSSIBLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Jennings is great and cheap. Road A and barber are world class tracks imo, but they are expensive compared to Jennings.
Check wera they have race orgs in the southeast and one class specifically Florida.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed
Re: help! jennings? barber? experience???

You're gonna love the Alabama roller coaster.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Pastor of Muppets

Bike: 09 R6, 07 R6S, 05 WR250F
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguy View Post
so the air force in all its knowledge has decided to put me in eglin afb and ill be showing up september ish. i have been racing with masters of the mountains in utah but now, well i guess im changing scenery haha. so im looking to see what race leagues are around that area. im willing to travel 4-5 hours to race and both those tracks are in that timespread. i know there are a few guys here from that are. i cant remember his name but i know someone has there little quote as "5 min from barber' so anyone chip in please with preferences. how much im looking to get into a race league out there, average prices for trackdays, race weekends and such.
You would probably want to look at CCS and WERA for racing organizations.

Barber looks sick!! Everyone that runs there says great things about it.

I've only ever been to Jennings and it's great. Again, everyone loves it.

You might be in range of Roebling Road. Not a ton of talk on here about it but a lot of people talk about it at Jennings.

PBIR and Homestead are probably a bit far from you. I'm pretty sure that both orgs I listed run most of these tracks.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

jenningsGP is more of a "GP" style track with fast sweeping corners, but Barber has a ton of elevation change. Funny thing about barber, you don't get out of 4th gear (unless your using every street riders fav -1/+2 gearing).. even so, it's a lot of fun. Jennings is a 5th gear track on the back heading to turn 3. I have a million laps around JGP so if you have questions just ask. JGP has MANY track days, it's the ONLY motorcycle only track in the country (no cars allowed).
Roebling road is fun too (Pooler GA near Savanah). LOOOONG front straight using every bit of 6th gear.
I have onboard vids of JGP and Roebling on my YouTube channel .

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 AM
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
How is roebling road? On paper it looks kinda boring.

Go fast parts:
Pipercross race filter, Leo sbk slip on, 05 header mod, pcv, bauce racing ecu flash, agg smog block offs, quick turn throttle, 520 rk gxw chain -1-1 renthal sprockets, ebc hh pads
, Shorai battery.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Track Only!

Bike: R6 Track Beast
You must be talking about me. Lol. Barber is awesome. Excellent facilities and scenery. However, as others mentioned, its alot more costly than Jennings. Typical trackdays are about $205 a day. But there are plenty of them starting in March and ending in November. Meanwhile, Jennings has them almost on a weekly basis and year round. Still, here we also have Road Atlanta close by which is awesome, Nola isn't too far away either. Wera just had a race weekend here at Barber today and yesterday. Its many riders fav track and race weekend. You will absolutely love it. I've never met a person who didn't.

06 R6 #91 -

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. ” -Mario Andretti

Last edited by Saltman; 05-13-2012 at 02:12 PM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 03:34 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2005 R6

Barber is my favorite track... any others just look boring to me. I've already had 3 track days there this year
As far as gearing and the poster above saying they never get out of 4th, uh....? I'm only -1 on the front sprocket, but I'm in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on my R6. I stay busy!

Sherry
*2005 Yamaha R6 (street)
*2008 Yamaha R6 (race)
*2010 Yamaha WR250X (super moto)
*2004 Yamaha Zuma (pit bike)
*2005 Yamaha TTR230 (dirt)
*2007 Honda CRF150rb (dirt)
WERA #127
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 10:32 PM
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

Barber, yea.. if your moving on a 600, and the bike is geared right.. you use 2nd-4th gears. I didn't stutter.

and if any track is "boring" .. your doin it WRONG.
Roebling, NOT boring. Street riding = boring.

MICHELIN, EBC, Proflow Technologies
Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice, Sharkskinz, Pit-Bull

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles

My racin n' ridin youtube vids

Last edited by MELK-MAN; 05-13-2012 at 10:35 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 03:57 AM
I am "that" guy...

Bike: 08 R6R

you have Barber, NOLA, Roebling, Road Atlanta, Jennings all within probably 5 hours or less of you. I am kinda Jealous! Barber is an AMAZING track. like Saltman said, kinda pricey but its a world class facility! Jennings is cheap and you can go all the time but it has its pitfalls. The pavement at Jennings leaves a lot to be desired. but for $120 or so dollars a day, its hard to beat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in