XT Lap Timer Install - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track
XT Lap Timer Install

I am in the process of ordering a lap timer for my 07 R6.
I need help and suggestions on installation and placement of the receiver.
The unit is available with a 2' cord as well as a 6' cord.

Can anyone tell me which of these is preferable?

Photos would be of great help, as well as what your preferred mounting method is (i.e. zip ties, duct tape or chewing gum)

BTW if anyone is selling one please post up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Super Mod

Bike: 05 R6
Send a message via AIM to mx3TT
Re: XT Lap Timer Install

I bought the fork mount from them as well so I could put it up front. The timer comes with sticky velcro that will be perfect to hold everything on. This is what I do...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sensor on the fairing

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RED 2005 R6
Racefit Growler - Solo Exhaust Bracket - Lockhart Phillips No Cut Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders - Lockhart Phillips Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders - Puig Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen - Pirelli Diablo DRC - BMC Air Filter - Shift Shaft Support - Dyno Jet Power Commander 3 USB - Yamaha Factory Seat Cowl - Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer - Graves Slide Stops - 520 Conversion(-1,+2) AFAM/DIDERV3 - Graves Smog Block Off Plates - Speedo Healer - GPR Steering Damper - Dyno Jet Quick Shifter
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Thanks for the post, is the receiver velcroed in place? do you need to keep the sensor upright perpendicular to the road? does it matter if it points up or down ever so slightly?
I think the fairings are not necessarily flat at that position so I guess I am asking if it matters at all

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
My R6 eats me.

I went with the 2' cord. I have it velcroed to the air duct assembly. All I have to do is point it in whatever direction the beacon is. Works like a charm.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpr1 View Post
Thanks for the post, is the receiver velcroed in place? do you need to keep the sensor upright perpendicular to the road? does it matter if it points up or down ever so slightly?
I think the fairings are not necessarily flat at that position so I guess I am asking if it matters at all
It should be flat as possible.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Super Mod

Agreed. Flatter the better. Mine is pointing down slightly, and it misses a lot. I am going to put a little wedge under it to lift the front so its flat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RED 2005 R6
Racefit Growler - Solo Exhaust Bracket - Lockhart Phillips No Cut Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders - Lockhart Phillips Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders - Puig Tinted Double Bubble Windscreen - Pirelli Diablo DRC - BMC Air Filter - Shift Shaft Support - Dyno Jet Power Commander 3 USB - Yamaha Factory Seat Cowl - Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer - Graves Slide Stops - 520 Conversion(-1,+2) AFAM/DIDERV3 - Graves Smog Block Off Plates - Speedo Healer - GPR Steering Damper - Dyno Jet Quick Shifter
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Great Thanks for helping out. I am assuming that on the six foot cable the receiver would be placed flat on the tail pointing in either direction?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpr1 View Post
Great Thanks for helping out. I am assuming that on the six foot cable the receiver would be placed flat on the tail pointing in either direction?
yeah, you would def have a lot more options with it.

RED 2005 R6
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 PM
fok mi! fok u!

Bike: '08 & '06 Yamaha R6

I had no luck with my transmitter triggering the lap timer. Made me sad

possibly had the transmitter facing the wrong switches/LED's to the track?

Mine is velcro'd across the lower part of my cluster. I don't need to see my lower RPM's, I'm never there
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by st00pid View Post
I had no luck with my transmitter triggering the lap timer. Made me sad

possibly had the transmitter facing the wrong switches/LED's to the track?

Mine is velcro'd across the lower part of my cluster. I don't need to see my lower RPM's, I'm never there
So where you able to get you receiver to work at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in