track day clubs in the Midwest (Chicago) - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: '04 R6
Question track day clubs in the Midwest (Chicago)

Are there any groups other than STT and Motovid (the one for Blackhawk Farms)? I think NESBA use to be around but not anymore. Autobahn in Joliet is only STT and I am wondering if any other orgs go there or Grattan or even Blackhawk Farms on a weekend.. motovid does only Wednesdays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Voices Its these voices..

Bike: 08 R6 / 09 R6
Re: track day clubs in the Midwest (Chicago)

Years back there used to be a bunch of organizations or individuals that rented track time. But now for Blackhawk and Autobahn -its Motovid and STT.
Putnam Park outside Indy is an option too. STT and MCRA run dates there.
Mid Ohio runs their own program too if your up for driving a bit further.

Your other option is to look at club racing with CCS or Wera.
Ill be at Blackhawk racing CCS this weekend.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 PM
iRun

Bike: Wal-mart 12-speed

There are weekends at BHF that are run by the motovid staff, but are not officially "motovid" days.. I believe they're sponsored by JOS motorsports or something. Check the calendar on the BHF website.

There are lots of ways to get on the track in this area. Don't forget about Putnam Park and Road America.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250?
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer?
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz?
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH?
  • How does rotating mass work?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Years back there used to be a bunch of organizations or individuals that rented track time. But now for Blackhawk and Autobahn -its Motovid and STT.
Putnam Park outside Indy is an option too. STT and MCRA run dates there.
Mid Ohio runs their own program too if your up for driving a bit further.

Your other option is to look at club racing with CCS or Wera.
Ill be at Blackhawk racing CCS this weekend.
Sweet! I will be there for the Rider's Clinic on Friday, I think some guys are practicing Friday as well. Send me a PM if you want to chill while up there. I'd like to get into racing but I dont even know where to start.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
There are weekends at BHF that are run by the motovid staff, but are not officially "motovid" days.. I believe they're sponsored by JOS motorsports or something. Check the calendar on the BHF website.

There are lots of ways to get on the track in this area. Don't forget about Putnam Park and Road America.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I will check out Putnam Park and Road America. Still working on getting a proper trailer to get to the further tracks
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM
iRun

If you're not busy over Memorial Day weekend, Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL... DOOO EEEET!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
If you're not busy over Memorial Day weekend, Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL... DOOO EEEET!
Agh I have an exam that is like shortly after that.... o/w I would be there the whole time. Maybe I will get out there for one day.. this is probably gonna happen

I will send you a PM if I decide to go!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 10:09 AM
iRun

If it has to be one day, make it Sunday. There's autocross and karts with a cookout that day.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

Quote:
If it has to be one day, make it Sunday. There's autocross and karts with a cookout that day.

I did Autocross last year in a brand new Audi TT and I BEAT THE SHIT out of that car

MCRA is out of st louis and will be at putnam in sept...

Thanks to my 2015 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 04:06 PM
fok mi! fok u!

Bike: '08 & '06 Yamaha R6

We'll be at Road America with Zalusky Advanced Riding School on May 28th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in